Friday 4 March 2016

Post combination....

Having been away from home last week and catching up with things this week it's all lead to a backlog of things. Least of which is a large amount of bookmarks, shortcuts and notes on gaming news as well as my own thoughts on those news items. So to ease my own blogging experience I'm going to discard and cut older news (strange how a few days can alter stories) in favour of newer more current items and see where that leads me to. With luck it won't take long to do and won't be a massively long post. If all else fails I'll compile a load of drafts and waffle on for a while.

Consoles, Eve Online, Star Trek Online, Star Citizen & Minecraft, yea I'm gonna waffle...

I'm finding the gaming news of joint play across consoles and pc to be interesting.
PC and Xbox
Xbox console upgrades.... really just a sub category of console... Instead of XBox Two you'll have Xbox One v2.4
I am still in favour of playing my steam games on my Xbox, lets hope they get a proper good keyboard and mouse system. Using a normal keyboard and mouse on the PS3 was a god send for playing DUST 514.
I'm really happy about the greater cross over between Xbox 360 games and the Xbox One.

PS4 is also getting in on the cross platform act but I can't see why Xbox would allow it to happen unless there is a lot of money crossing hands. Interesting development though. Microsoft can't stop a rival console from making some software for a windows pc can they....? If there is a way then MS can dictate what people install on windows and that opens up a while new kettle of fish.



I did find an article about a new graphics api that might be more of an impact on mobile gaming but still if it makes the pc realm work harder then all the better.


Total biscuit released an interview he did with the BBC which is about online harassment, well worth a listen.


I also saw a good PCGamer article about how gaming tastes change over time. I think it is somewhat true but an interesting read.



The implementation of skill extractors for characters of Eve Online has proceeded with "great success". In the long term I'm sure CCP is watching the progress of the new feature.

Some players that are just having fun with the new system. I wish I had that kind of isk to be able to "play" even with one skill extractor.

The last Eve Online CSM summit has ended and the minutes are out. I think the next CSM will be the CSM of the new Eve moment. I'm not sure I'm a fan of that new Eden.
I was glad to see more info on the summit from Sugar Kyle on her blog.
http://www.lowseclifestyle.com/2016/02/so-ends-summit.html
http://www.lowseclifestyle.com/2016/02/and-into-tomorrow.html
Also of note is a blog from Evehermit:
https://evehermit.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/second-csm-x-summit-notes/


I was sad to see that CCP has binned the Evelopedia. I think a game company really needs to have a central source for looking up information on theoir game. I hope it is replaced with something official and note just CCP saying lookup player run wiki's. Evehermit also commented on this.


CCP did post and I did repost the CCP Seagull video saying sorry for the interruptions and that there would be a 200k free SP allocated to all active skill queue's. I hope this is sooner rather than later as I've got some alts running skills via plex and to get those extra points would be very nice.



Other news with Eve Online is the CSM 11 voting. I've viewed what I can online and I'm really not interested in this years CSM. I found the lack of interesting self explanations from a lot of characters to promote themselves to be very lack luster. I an see a lot of people being put forward to the CSM with block votes from large alliances and in that they don't have to chase votes. I find that really disappointing. For my voting and for the affects on the game that that will have.
Some bloggers are gathering more information and presenting their choices and why they made them:

http://nevillesmit.com/blog/2016/2/29/my-votes-for-csm-11
http://evechecklist.blogspot.ie/  has a good write up on participants.
I'll have to be in the proper mood to check through the candidates/interviews and select my choices but if there are two or three candidates I'll be astonished. No matter who I pick, they won't be 100% the choice I want.

 

Star Trek Online has also been ongoing. With the anniversary event over I've accumulated a lot of dilithium, around the 160k mark. I've also gotten about 4.5 Million energy credits. All in all my character is in good shape. I'm still watching video's from Brent Justice's current Free-to-play playthrough series.
Since the end of the last event I've been keen to find another event that I could sink my phasers into. And what do I see on the launcher.... a new event.... With a nice ship reward....


This new event may make cadet Sad.... Happy.





Star Citizen's last 10 for the chairman Q&A was of interest. It goes into a bit more detail on what is coming into the game and the changes made. It also has a few comments on other games and influences. It seems that they at least are doing their homework. CCP seems to be very shoehorned/tunnel visioned in certain area's regarding development. Then again I bet CCP is envious of the amount of cash being thrown at Star Citizen.




Minecraft 1.9 is still having problems for my worlds. While I mentioned the 1.9 "issues" I was having, I watched a recent video from BdoubleO100. His video shows a lot of what I've been seeing (at about 6:38 minutes in) and it really does seem to be related to the older worlds that were created a long time ago. Time to wheel out cadet Sad again....


No comments:

Post a Comment