Two-ish months and still same'ol smae'ol. Indeedy the more things change the more they stay the same. As I keep saying.... For the most part. Time to waffle and actually post........ If I had the time to sit and type but there's always something to take attention away. This real life lark....
The realization of the Steam machine is proving to have a very mixed reception, with slants on reviews leaning from negative to 'nuanced'. It's a divisive device for sure. Niche, would be too polite or perhaps better to say the steam machine is very user use case dependent. It's cost and use case scenarios are indeed nuanced, varied as the user base on Steam is. So maybe it is apt for the general user base. With a Steam deck living 90% of it's time under my sitting-room tv, a need for the Steam Machine sounded good but is today more about price than anything else(for me). I don't need a Steam Deck replacement even if my use case for said Steam deck is stationary. A Steam Machine for the VR is also stronger for me but then again it's price will no doubt 'kill' any enthusiasm. Time and worldwide chip/memory crisis will all tell in the long-term...... Time to wait, watch and make do me thinks.
Commodore Callback 8020: Starlight Edition is a new non-smart phone. Love the idea of it as well as it's implementation; But that price, too expensive at half. At least for me. I'm all about splurging spare cash but that is a splurge and a half too far.... Even with it's new €100 off the initial price tag.... This type of product needed to be cheap to be 'wanted' beyond 'enthusiasts'.
The Stop Killing Games initiative is ongoing..... In bumpy ways and all of that was before Sony said some stuff....
So yea Sony..... So many memes so little time.....
Also on that front Evercade has been cashing in on the shenanigans. Good to see.
While my PS3 time was fairly limited in it's gameplay use(post Dust 514) and did nothing with the PS store; My PS4(current ongoing project) is likewise not dependent on the PS store. The free items and re-downloads are a concern as Sony seem héll bent on removing digital content(bought or not). All said I'm happy my PS4 setup is fairly future proof as can be. Unless I just jinxed it. It's all dependent on my PS4's disk drive and additional storage holding out. Such setup all for another post on it's own..... In drafts.... I'll get to it...... honest........
A Tabletop Tavern Demo has and is proving interesting. A mix of elements based on a Total War battle system. It's been interesting to see the updates over the last few months. As has the game-play from Splattercatgaming ( Vid here )
EXODUS is forming up to be a great game. A game I've more interest in than GTA VI, shocker....
A game that seems to be what all Mass Effect fans want and need in a true sequel. Mass Effect Andromeda had such expectation but now years later, looking at it as a sci-fi game, it's of interest, maybe not for long but to pick it up for a few €/$(I did so out of 'interest' of the fuss)... But yea Exodus is the real deal....
Star Trek: Shadow Frontier is interesting but not interesting enough for me to keep an eye on it. It's horror theme is something I'm not into.
As is my same opinion on Star Trek: Infection. What's with all the "horror"......
Such a pity that Star Trek: Resurgence got de-listed..... A game I own on PC and Xbox, not flawless but now it's no longer available I'm even more glad I got both versions.
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is a game I've overall put about 70 hours into on PC. With a sale on I picked it up for 7-ish € for Xbox. I look forward to sinking some hours into it when I can. Maybe a play-through more hauler/industry and asteroid miner this time round, holding off the main story line......
Rebel
Galaxy Outlaw seems to be an underrated yet very accessible to all true
retro space-combat and trading game. I'm surprised it's not talked
about more. A thematic cross between the Firefly series and classic
games like Privateer 2. The in-game economy and ship upgrading systems
are satisfying to work with. Upgrades feel like an upgrade. The ships a
player can have cater to all types of gameplay. With a character driven
story, side missions galore; Mine asteroids, haul cargo, trade, bounty
hunt or pirate to your hearts content, it's got it all. A game big
enough to feel vast but manageable, with little down time not planned
for. The in game pool is my own favorite. The Xbox version(as with all
other console versions) does not have the pc versions ship paint
tool/option. Not a feature I was into so I can ignore it's exclusion. I
look forward to doing the same on Xbox.
It's About Pirates
is a as it says, about Pirates. In a style very much nostalgic of the old Sid Meier Pirates!. With a hefty side of mobile game mechanics...... From the trailer vid and game details it's
got a lot of boxes ticked for me... The proof as always is in the
pudding; So the demo prior to release will be the real test of it's game mechanics. There's going to be a demo right......
The demo of Star Trek: Outposts was interesting, one to keep an eye on more for my wife and her base building preference than for me.
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun Boom; Is Boltgun for Mobile ( Play Store ). Interesting. But a lack of keyboard and mouse would end up annoying me. I'm glad it exists but unless I get it for free (Epic on mobile?) I'll avoid it.
On a side note I was very happy to get Shredders revenge from Epic on mobile as their free game of the month.... Two(?) months ago... Glad I use a GameSir X5 Lite, great game overall never mind for mobile gaming....
News of the remaster of the original Thief game had me all nostalgic. While not enthusiastic for the remaster(yet) I did have to go and see if I could find the old games cut-scenes/trailer etc....
And this YouTuber had it all in one.....
Other game news.... Like announcements of Fallout 5 are interesting but too far out to really have a say.
007 First Light, has been interesting to see, but the more I watch it the more I see it as Hitman lite. Agent 47 has (imho) so much more to offer in both story and gameplay (game to game).
Subnautica 2 is another game of interest..... My wife got it pre-launch which millions of gamers seem to have gone for. She's enjoying it but the itch for a Subnautica replacement hasn't been created for me yet. I need to know more before I take the plunge....(yea I went there). The big patch seems to be very positive. Glad they have also not forgotten the OG.
No Mans Sky has been seeing more and more updates/patches etc...... really hard to keep up with; And to be honest a lot of it is lost on me. I've no frame of reference to value new changes as the list of changes is so long now. At least beyond the quality of life changes.... I 'get' the quality of life stuff, the cool to have things and the interesting tech changes(VR) along the way. None of it draws me back to the game for meaningful gameplay. The mystery and awe of the story is well gone for me. Still as a spectator sport it's of interest.
The Swarm:
Operation Flashpoint 25th anniversary caught my attention. A game I've waffled about a bit on this blog. The original demo is nostalgic for me(like so much these days) and still runs on modern PC's(last I checked(internet archive). I've updated my install(from gog) with the remaster & tried the old demo via Steam; Both bring the nostalgia full force(embrace the jank(just like my blogging)). I have an overwhelming need to mission edit and script for it......... Steam Demo
A video on the game series from GVMERS , is worth a watch. I remember having the OG Xbox version (Elite) but can't really recall much about my gameplay time there.
Planet Crafter is getting has just gotten ever closer to it's Console launch. Great to see, but not a buy for me, I've tried the PC version with a controller and it's not good for me. Roll on the next PC update.....
Hitman
has seen a few items from Twitch. Which I've gotten. It's been the only
way I've been getting back to the game. A good vid on the games updates since launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziDp7DlXsPs
Cleared Hot is a fun game, I've been pottering about it on and off the last while(again like so much else). It's as it says on the tin "nostalgic helicopter shooter with satisfying physics and light tactical elements". Old Skool Genesis/Megadrive, for sure. I'm having issues with mission 10 as the enemy jet strafing is kicking my áss at 90% of mission completion; As I try to haul the objectives.... Try, try, try again....
ETS 2 is another game that is receiving massive content updates and patches. Almost too much as I've 5 of the games DLC on my Steam wish-list...... Yet before there would have been 1 released with an event and the wait was real for it, building up with excitement..... Now, I didn't even get the last one and the event wasn't enough of a push to buy. The glut of content is kind of off-putting... The opposite of f.o.m.o. I'll wait a year and get a bunch of them on sale.... Much as I love the game sometimes too much is too much(father than a glut of a re-learning curve).
The updates as always are quality of life heaven. Making game-play interesting, nicer to look at and updated in very familiar ways.
1.59 Update:
1.60 Update:
Escape from Duckov is a game I've been making slow but steady progress on over the last while. A need to 'finish the game' was a driving factor the more I played. I'm at a point now where I've completed it, done all the endings. But just as I've done that they drop new content adding a bunch of challengers; Which I've no interest in. Just like I've no interest in the fishing or the last few elements of vendor tech tree's. The last bits to do can all be left as they add nothing and have not hindered my game-play or endings. Really no interest in the new challenges.... Challenge for the sake of is not for me.
Some interesting pics are in order to show the end of the line.....
Star Trek Online like so many other games is hammering out the content/updates and events. For STO it's a certain case of game tech catch up as more modern player expectation on this "Diamond in the rough" game can only go so far. New player expectations when not hand-held by older veterans of the game are lost to it's older styles/mechanics. But the Devs are doing well to alter/change and update newer content as they go and keep older content updated overall. If players want a game of meaning where time is rewarded with so much content, rewards as well as free items with no need to purchase a thing, look no further than STO. Star Trek Online: Return to Duty in the Quick start Event!
CasualSAB had a rundown of the recent roadmap and dev fireside chat on Huge Star Trek Online News - 2026 Roadmap & Free Endgame Character | ft. Thomas Marrone & Mike Fatum
The official Star Trek Online had the full Fireside Chat with Thomas and Jeremy!
With a revised Roadmap due to feedback etc....
That Jem'Hadar event let me create a new character on both PC and Console(Xbox) which helps realize an idea I've had for a while. The Jem'Hadar being the ideal character for a new themed build,starting at level 60 really helps. Created and aligned with the Federation. I've been getting the pieces in place on how I like my base characters(Nimbus clicky etc) as events go on etc. Both the PC and Xbox characters are running along the same lines, it's just how things have worked out. The same but different. I've just never made the same character/theme /build at the same time on both platforms. Interesting in it's doing if nothing else.
I'm happy with all I've gotten done/setup on the characters. The free lobi I've built up has allowed me to buy the costume for the character and crew setup. The theme is from the DSN 1st season episode Captive Pursuit based on that episodes 'Hunters'. For now the only element missing is a ship to match in, which I decided on being the Husnock Warship. I've used it on other (pc)characters and liked it. The halt to getting it is the lack of Lobi. So I'll have to wait for the next event campaign(on both playforms) to end(has lobi rewards), so another 3 ish months...... Depending on eligible events/rewards. No rush, more chance to 'configure' the characters. I could buy the ship off the exchange but again I'm in no rush and the price has a tenancy to be very variable... Either high, very high or astronomical.... As I look on PC it's 200 Million, and on console it's 340 Million. Cheap for some players but I value the EC more. That on both would be my upper limit to splash out on but again I'd rather wait for the free lobi and hold onto my Credits.
The crew in game have the Kuumaarke ground set but at the login screen they default to their Jem'hadar weapons which do match well compared to 'The Hunters' on screen weapons. Thematic by accident.
To
customize the Deep Space Nine "Hunter" ground armor I searched the
interwebs and settled for these colours. The belt/chest gear in the
episode has flashing and alternating lights so un-doable in the game; But all else worked out.
Helmet: P22, P22, A5, A5
Upper (Jacket): A5, A2, A5, A2
Hands & Boots: P21, P1, P21, P1
Wrists: D1, F9
Chest Gear: F4, C13, A5, A5
Lower (Legs): A5, A2, E1, E1
Upper (Jacket): A5, A2, A5, A2
Hands & Boots: P21, P1, P21, P1
Wrists: D1, F9
Chest Gear: F4, C13, A5, A5
Lower (Legs): A5, A2, E1, E1
The newly reworked Crystalline Catastrophe TFO is a better TFO for the changes. Completed just as quickly I just wish the 2x burst from the entity was a 100% 'defeat' of anyone caught in the blast. Not just have highly geared characters sit still and absorb it all.
MC Stu has an interesting vid on overall starter builds. Always good to see to keep myself grounded on builds....
The dev item watch list was a bit of a communication misalignment, creating lots of comments. It's been talked about a lot of late.
CasualSAB had this one: Balance Pass Incoming? Watch List Breakdown | Star Trek OnlineThe game has seen more Red Alerts, always good to get short 'events' like this, quick and easy rewards not to mention a great way to get repeatable reputation marks. Much needed for newly created characters and alts. That said the next Red Alert 'event' is going to be two weeks long.....
PCGamer had a write-up of the game worth casting an eye on.....
The Summer event has also come and gone in the blink of an eye. The ship and it's console/ability are decent but not for anyone other than a new player. I'd have a hard time to use or make use of it. That said the future could see a themed build etc...... Or meta change....
Both my new 'Hunter' characters and this KDF character did the summer
event. Another event over too soon but enjoyable in it's doing.
None of the new Summer Event Store items were of interest to me. Except on PlayStation (yes I've an account there now as well......).
Where my KDF recruit (did the event) got kitted out in the Naval Uniform in a more Klingon way.... He's not got much usable gear but he's getting there..... Hence the new summer store items. Which are not OP but interesting. He needs a lot of work which I'm not fully prepared to enter into.
I'll have him running and then flying the current PC reward KDF ship once it's deployed to console in a few weeks.
Obligatory KDF recruit stern glamour shots....
The only recruit type missing is the TOS Temporal. Which I think I just missed when starting the game on PlayStation. Aptly time will tell for the next one.
Ball X Pitt had yet more updates to expand it's content. Thankfully with an end game setup it didn't take long to clear and collect the new items. Pictures speak a thousand words or volumes of my waffle.
While I wouldn't say leaving the best for last, Eve Online has still been getting a look in. As the game is very much 'once in, never out'.
My rl friend and co-corp ceo has been hit with a case of the real life's in such a way as to be too real, so has not been back to the game but has indicated soon (tm). Which at least lets me know he's thinking of the game even if he can't get back to it for a 'while'.....
Capsuleer Day XXIII: Warpath is Here like so much happening in Eve is of no relevance or interest to me. Although I've drifted from mission running to running abyssals when I do play, which is not a lot.
At least the art still looks good.
Eve Online still has a lot in game for me to potter with as I've always pottered with. Asset management, mining (asteroid and Ice), some mission running as I said with more of a skew these days on abyssals. Despite my lack of doing content, I've never been more isk rich. So much so I'm still getting to splash out on expensive ships I'll prob never fly. There's a great Golem ready and fit I'd love to take out but the last free game days were hampered by a lot of flashing red gankers in system when I did have the time.
So potter on I have, doing my own thing. 'Events', their reward tracks or the login 'gifts' are not of interest to me. Those login items give ship skin-R elements which is a system I've really no interest in at all. Booster drugs which are 80% non relevant to my characters and by the time I do get to game the other 20% I could use have timed out and disappeared. So why bother in the first place.... So no, I've not been bothered. Not been this long time. Ever since CCP FC (Fenris Creations) removed the Omega with 2x MCT and upped the cost of the single Omega sub I've had no interest in paying. Never mind get yearly subs x2.
As for the games they are playing with buy plex to buy in game sale sub time, talk about gamification( Or abuse of a playerbase).
That's not to say I've not spent real money on the game. For a long long time (10 years? maybe) I've wanted to have a character moved from one account to another, so I did that. A process that takes the money and does not even inform you by e-mail if it's started, in progress or completed.
Anyway, I get more Eve Online interaction via YouTubers, from lore to event information on a side screen.
So time to look at the flowers(if you know you know)....















.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



.png)

.png)
.png)

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment