Tuesday 26 May 2015

Eve gameplay.... about time I posted it.

After whittling away what my characters have actually done it appears to be very little actual activity.
So a lot less to blog about.

Both my Minmatar and main alts had been grinding away at some level 4 missions. But during it my main alt had a whoopsie.


All seemed well on the undock.
However the mission was a little bit sticky, high dps, webbers and a lack of proper alignment meant failscade.
The SP loss that goes with a T3 explosion, guts of 3 days training. not as bad ad the loss of isk.
Needless to say I lost the feel for grinding the missions after that. I consolidated my losses and parked up both characters. Thankfully my null alt made the loss good by replenishing ship/isk.

My Amarrian alt after a few month's of PI with a lack if a customs office on most of the planets decided on a little venture (not the ship), researched some POCO info and went to buy the needed supplies to put up a POCO herself. 
All was going well but on reaching the planet I was unable to start putting up the POCO as there was a gantry already in place. This surprised me. I added the gantry to my overview setting so I could see it in space and found that all the planets in the system that lacked a poco had a gantry from the same 1 player corp up. I hate that kind of blockading mechanic. You'd think that an unused gantry in space would "de-orbit" after a week.... sod it I'll have to keep an eye on things. Maybe put one up somewhere else. I can image a war dec pretty soon after putting it up. Not the opportunity I had thought it would be.

My Null alt has relocated to his alliances new holdings and is doing well. The lack of a high mining index in the system means that some materials for mining are lacking. That should increase in time. Most POCO's in the system are still held my a smaller corp that had residency beforehand, due to ongoing teething problems and a lot of roaming reds (I had said before I predicted a main thoroughfare situation with the system), it is taking time to get things established. My null alt no longer had any income. No market, no PI and no ratting. Time will tell if this will pan out.
I've spent a lot of time moving ships/mods/materials top the new system, as such I've don it with a blank/clean clone. Thankfully I've not lost anything I was concerned about, only some T1 pvp shitfit ships.

Goo in space.
On passing back through a system where I had just been killed and podded in (I wanted to reclaim my dropped fit and corpse), I found a Seeker parked right on top of my wreck and corpse. I got what I returned for :) 

Both of my Main Main's are living the quiet station bound gather SP life. The only thing that all my Hi-sec carebear characters have in common is that they maintain their PI.


I think a reddit link sent me to this The retouched images are really great! Eve space never looked better! 

The skins are still way too pricey to be anything other than an expensive fad. If they dont' come down in price or free Aurum isn't sent my way I wont' be doing much more with skins. Evehermit had a good post about it.



A post on reddit showed where the options for the opportunities were located.

My anality with the new opportunities options shows there are flaws to the way that it doesn't link previous activities and is as Spock would say " quiet illogical".
Yes my alt can Reprocess ore and complete a manufacturing job while also bypassing installing a blueprint and starting the manufacturing process!
Comparing the old tutorial system and this opportunities system there should be some happy medium, A pop up Aura with actual speech of her text bubble would be so much better. Eve isnt' wow you can't just dump people in the deep end and laugh at them, people have very different expectations and effectiveness.
I've ended up tuurning it all off.

I've seen in game a lot of newbies wandering around with no clue as to what to do. At least in the old tutorials the wall of text gave information. Eve is not lile wow's quest system, in wow you can accept a quest not read the text and go kill 10 npc's to complete it. Eve is nowhere near that simple. This new way does increase the level of player interaction but dear god CCP must want these Eve virgins take advantage of.

This post on reddit was interesting on the subject even if I don't agree with all of the statements or changes asked for.
The new textures being worked on for the game are looking really great, I am looking forward to the way this is all going.
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-many-additions-of-v5plusplus
If only the same level of pazazz was put into the opportunities system... I'd say it is a deep subject with lots of statistical analysis on all kinds of player actions.
At least it's always good to see Eve talked about in the public press, in a good way.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/may/12/how-virtual-world-edge-of-apocalypse-and-back-again


I dont' go onto the test server much... maybe twice in the last two years but I was glad to see that an experianced player found them to be a pain in the áss. I'll be sticking to skipping those missions.

The Scope news is ongoing, I hope that it continues once the current story line is fully exposed.

I'm really looking forward to the next T3 Destroyer, maybe because most of my characters are Caldari.


It still looks ridiculously like a TV aerial. It was taken a few steps too far in that design philosophy.


The new sov changes are still on the longer finger, I wish things were confirmed and released sooner rather than later as the anticipation is really screwing around with nullsec, at least in my view at the moment.
Info on it is interesting reading, some like a few of the forum posts are really tinfoil hat space cadet material in good and bad ways. In saying that here is a good read on it: https://www.themittani.com/content/opinionated-analysis-entosis-links

The new icons are still a work in progress, lets hope it is for the better when they are unleashed!
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5721045#post5721045


The best and most exciting news for me is the new structures! This Dev Post has the latest news. It should be a really great way for payers to claim their own little (or large) portion of space.
Along with the good is the worry that I'll have no npc stations to place my gear/ships etc in. if that were to happen, if everything was player owned and there was even the 0.0000000001% chance I could loose anything I'd leave the game. That at least for me is my hi-sec deal breaker. I can understand it for null where the combat is at it's height but hi-sec empires without their own stations... crazy.
Again Evehermit has a good post on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment