Thursday 14 May 2015

Ongoing Dust 514....

My Dust 514 gameplay is progressing, mainly by doing the dailies. The dailies are good for their overall reward for doing X amount of dailies and not just the dailies themselves. I find myself quickly scanning the dailies list to see if the overall reward is doable and/or worth doing/getting.

Skill points are slow to accumulate, 24k per day passively with the 6k per day logon bonus (maxed at 6k after a weeks worth of logon's) on top of that. That's getting hard as the more SP you have the more SP you need to upgrade your skills so it take a lot longer.
I'm now at a point where I am considering changing my active sp gain to my alt. That alt needs about 1million skill points to get into an advanced combat suit that would be a nice gain for gamplay. I have that alt as a bit of fun. Some matches are a laugh on that alt. No frills or perks and so little sp. Maybe it's just me.

My main has been having some problems with suits and fittings, the recent changes are not helping much as they have altered a lot. I've found myself messing alot with the fittings. Suit spinning as it were. A lot of the freebie/claimed or won weapons and suits bpo's that I have are looking a lot less on par with isk bought items. I can't remember the last time I used a bpo weapon/suit like the Templar stuff. So I've been messing about with getting the isk bough items that my skills will allow.
The other suits, items and weapons that have accumulated are either not skilled into yet (and may never be) or have lower item statistics so are not used. The amount of older gear that I will never use again is getting ridiculous. I found this site great for info on the suits and fits.

The trading limit is down to level 2 but is still a joke but maybe in another year I'll get my main to trade stuff with oh wait my alt is probably take 10 years to grind to level 2 ....  I don't play that character that much. That's a waste of time grinding that really shouldn't be there. Trading should be universal.


I've been tempted to buy some of the lower priced packs from the Dust store.
Originally I was thinking of the starter pack for my alt...



But in reading up on these packs details I was more aligned with getting two of the combat packs....
Once for my main:


 And this one for my alt:


But even after considering these and their lower price I dont' think my main would benefit at all.
I am still wondering if the Minmatar pack for my alt would give a better suit than grinding SP to get the enhanced suit. although they say there are no race restrictions on any of the packs I wonder if there is still training required.

For now I'll remain a truly free to play user.

The addition of the skin modules is of no relevance to me whatsoever, despite seeing my character in his/her quarters for a short time I dont' see my character in matches and to be honest if others see a specific shiny suit they will shoot at it. The more invisible I can be on the map the better. Some like the faction specific skins are looking really cool.....



(another) But... I can't see myself ever buying them... price in Aurum is way too much and even if there was an isk version that would be an unreachable amount. Not going to happen.
Maybe if they were part of a pack or some freebie versions going.

A lot of the player base must be buying them as CCP is saying Dust is turning a profit. And judging my the top end ranks of people I get killed by it's a hefty percentage of players. Makes me wonder how many people like me there are just plugging away at the game solo and not paying for items.... Hmmmmmmm

My dailies will continue and I'll play the game and see how things go with it. I do like it and I do like that things are being improved and that there is a continual change and update agenda. Maybe I do need to buy into it to make life in it a bit easier. There is a fine line between challenge and walkover.

I do like the new second Dust 514 birthday gift of an active booster.

No comments:

Post a Comment