Tuesday 16 July 2024

The Epic 'store'....

No usual waffle this week, same 'ol same'ol is still same'ol. I'll catch that all up next time. Besides I've gotten a new 3D printer and it's taking my attention. So a draft I've had cooking for a long while, that's quick and easy to cop down.....

 
Taking a look down the list of games I've claimed free on Epic, it's long. A game store/front(platform?) that I've never been 'into' despite the 'freebies'.  Given the uncertainties of software and purchased license longevity.....etc.... So many vids on the uuuhtubez and online re takes on Epic.....
I've long since 'committed' to Steam. But that long list on Epic for 'free'(for now?) is filled with a lot of games I've already got, purchased on Steam(usually claimed long after I'd already go them). Is there much claimed 'free' that I'd want? Lets go down the list.....
 


Games I tried on Epic

Unreal Tournament but it went bye bye, which is a pity but was interesting to see while it was there.
 
Rebel Galaxy was igood to see as I had interest in the followup game Rebel Galaxy Outlaw; But was not a fan to play. Nice to see not to stay.
 
Inside was interesting but despite my liking of such game mechanics in other games; I just couldn't stay with it.
 
Breathedge was fun but in playing it didn't' keep my interest despite the comedic value.

Celeste and Hyperlight Drifter didn't 'grab' me but at least I tried them; And I'm not sure why I've doubled them together.
 
WWI Verdun, played and tried but BF1 is so hard to beat
 

Train Sim World 2 is detailed but the gameplay is not for me. Besides it seemed like more of a DLC cash cow without a basic game to 'play' and get into.....
 
Elite Dangerous- played to see what the fuss was about but did not thankfully get into in any way.

Farm Simulator 19, this iteration was of interest but I didn't 'dig' it's vibe. I'd put so much time and effort into FS '17 and the thought of redoing such in 19 'felt' like a real effort. At least at the time. 
Farm sim 22 was tried, and as good as it was it also didn't click with me; I just didn't get the 'want' to play it/be in it. 
 
Kingdom Come Deliverance was tried but did not float my boat. I've seen a lot about the games development/patches in recent times but I've not interest. With the second game due out this year I've a feeling of too much to catch up on, not in a fun way.
 
Football manager 2020. I play Eve online, spreadsheets in space but FM20 was so uninteresting as spreadsheet stats.. I was really surprised how bad it looked. Bring me back to the more interesting C64 version of Match of the Day!!  https://www.lemon64.com/review/match-of-the-day/372
Now that had more character, even back in the day!  

40k Gladius as well as 40k Mecahnicus; Cos 40K! But!!! Seeing both in their gameplay styles give me pause. So yea hesitation and so no action to move on either. 
 
Beyond Blue was interesting but not a game that clicked for me... That said I'm not sure if it was Epic or Gamepass that I tried it on.....
 
 
Games I should try on epic?

Dungeons III, I want to play the 4th but still have not played the 3rd!! Maybe I should!?
 
Freshly Frosted, seems like a game I'd be into..... For a moment at least.

Redout II, 'cos Wipeout nostalgia!

Dragon age Inquisition does seem to have mechanics that I'm more into than Divinity II OS, sooooo..... Maybe? The real thing is if I want to pour 80 to 120 hours into a game....

Alien isolation is an interesting game, one I played via a friends account but one I've never 'been into'...I should try to give it another go. I should, I really, really should.....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment