Tuesday 14 October 2014

News links and upcoming changes to Eve Online....

There has been plenty of news in the last two weeks to keep interest alive in the future of Eve Online.

As part of the news-fest was the Anomalous Materials gathering and handin event. As I don't do anything with wormholes I've no interest in getting involved. Besides even if I gathered up some friends and started, those who already live there would be over the horizon on handin's. It would have been better to set a table of rewards for so many handin's.

News about the New Notifications looks to be good but I have to admit after using it I did tun it off. I'm sure with a bit of spit and polish it will be a better feature.

I'm really looking forward to the new Sensor Overlay 2.0. It should make the visuals in space a lot more informative intuitively. Not to mention making Eve less filled with grey, that's always a good thing.

The unlimited skill queue feature is a great well needed feature. There seems to be lots of pro/con debate about it, I'm very pro. I think it will open up the door for alts to be more active and with it multiple skill queue training.... now it there were only 2 more character slots per account ;-p

The new Multisell option is a well needed addition as well.

I like that there will be slight and subtle changes to the type of cloaking/decloaking visual effect depending on the type of module used. It's the little things that make a difference :)

The changes to the scanner window should also be good.
As well as the tweaks to the way mission objectives are "guided". More in game information is always great.

I'm also very keen to see the final changes made to the "new" trial account's, needless to say I'll be testing that out. I might do a before and after.....

Lots of nice little quality of life changes, nothing major yet but a good base work is a good start. I look forward to the coming future of Eve. I hope they keep taking everyone with them for the journey.

The full list of changes coming to Eve in the Phoebe release on November 4th are here.
 

I'm a keen watcher of the new 5 Minute EVE News Recap. It's well worth a browse.
It does a better job in a short clip than the longer CCP make version in their own show. The new o7 The EVE Online Show. Here is Episode 1 I'm sure with a bit more polish it will be "better".
Another good watch has been the Crossing Zebras new 101 video's Part 1 & Part 2. Even for a veteran of Eve it's worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment