Sunday 15 May 2016

Fallout 4 journey....

I'll keep this post as spoiler free as possible.
I'm coming into the endgame of my third character/runthrough of Fallout 4.

The first run (female character) was very detailed, completed every quest and explored every building (almost), nook and cranny. It's one that I've put the most time into and completed as much as possible, including building up as much in as many places as possible. This run combined two factions against the "last two".
The second run was pro one of the factions I had previously destroyed and as a male character with a story line background that could identify with that faction I played out that role well. Very playable. While still keeping a broad playstyle in the "first" faction.

This next paragraph may contain spoilers...



The third even as a pro institute character on this run it is very hard to actually be pro institute in all decisions. Either the game comments (through NPC's) that the institute is wrong or decisions push you away from the institute.
One conversation even after pushing the conversation in as pro institute a way as possible ended up with the npc commenting negatively for me and broke my immersion, leaving me scratching my head on how they could come to that decision.
The main story line is a case in point in the way it pushes you to get something analysed by a specific faction.
I was able to completely ignore the first faction you meet after the initial "greeting" missions.
Even with some offputting comments or points, I'm glad to see these different angles.



Time does fly in fallout and I had a laugh reading an article from gamesradar.com:
http://www.gamesradar.com/what-four-hours-in-fallout-4-really-looks-like/?utm_content=bufferaa3e6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_grfb


There are a lot of really dedicated modders out there. One set of mods that was of great interest to me was the modded versions of player character quarters. They are the first set of mods that I've considered downloading:









No comments:

Post a Comment