Friday 6 May 2016

My gaming update....

I'm finding the latest version of Eve to be as melancholy for me as ever. For a game that is what you can make of it I'm being frustrated more and more by the other players. They are of course doing the same things, doing what they want to do. It just so happens to cross my path and in doing so diminish my gameplay's value. I dont' go out of my way to interact with players I go about doing my thing. Maybe it's just the season. There seems to be more emphasis to help the killers than the sheep.
Maybe the game is not for me, but I've invested in it for too long. I think I've said that before. I want my value back from it. So I bunker down and accept it while moving on in game.
The latest patch like fanfest doesn't really have anything other than minor quality of life ui/game client improvements for me. Good but not good enough.
I was mildly irked to see an advert on the launcher regarding subscription item rewards:


Where have been my rewards for subing for the last number of years.
The inclusion of items with the sub makes the collectors mystery code hate I have for CCP bubble up in me. And has in turn made me really question what I get from Eve as a game. Luckily both by accounts are due for subscriptions in the coming month's, I'm glad I consolidated one account and closed it down. I'm really thinking of walking away from the game with the other two accounts now.

I wish CCP would unstick their collective heads from their rear's and make a game from point A to point B be done with it and then improve on it. If they continue to try and make the game the players want they will never really be finished with anything.


CCP are in a bad place, at least I think so despite them saying at fanfest that they are in a good place. They are trying to improve the game and change it up while finding themselves now having to contend with a number of other space games encroaching on their holy turf.
If star Citizen delivers later this year then Eve will have very little to draw people away from it. I think that's why they are really pushing the new player experience, trying to get the people they do draw in to stay. Time will tell what SC v Eve will bring.
I won't waffle on more about Eve.
A lot of people are still talking about fanfest and the latest patch/expansion, all well worth a read:
http://nevillesmit.com/blog/2016/5/1/occupy-new-eden



http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.ie/2016/05/the-85-and-roadmap.html
http://sandciderandspaceships.blogspot.ie/2016/05/biggest-problem-with-citadels-is-you.html

Evehermit has had a series of good posts:
https://evehermit.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/the-black-art-of-networking/
https://evehermit.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/when-a-review-is-not-a-review/
https://evehermit.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/occupying-the-citadel-patch-notes/
https://evehermit.wordpress.com/2016/05/04/blinkered/

For all those people that will be using citadel's there is a non CCP guide that seems to be the definitive guide. Why a game company would remove it's own game wiki and link externally is crazy no mater how good you think your community is.
http://eve-guides.fr/index.php?article=132

---------------------------------------------------

I'm still really, really really enjoying Darkest Dungeon.

I'm playing it additively and putting a huge amount of time into it.

A good playthrough has been done by BaerTaffy and he is doing a new playthrough that shows the real fun:




---------------------------------------------------


Dreadnought from gearbox caught my attention via a youtube "what is" video from the Unit Lost channel. Gameplay starts about 9 minutes in....




---------------------------------------------------


Star Citizen to me seems to be stuck in development hell with not a lot ot show on the ground. It needs to deliver big this year.


A very good RL friend has invested a lot in the game but teh last year has seen him go from SC fanboy with a horrendous amount of cash put into it to the exact opposite, disillusioned beyond belief. Lets see what the persistent universe and Squadron 42 can do later this year... if it arrives.



---------------------------------------------------

Star Trek's summer expansion is looking to be a lot different. Thankfully the overuse of time travel seems to be opening up a themed summer season. Travel back in time and using only items/ships "of the era" set forth and adventure. Sounds like a gimmick but it will be interesting. I hope it includes a lot of missions in it's chain and that there is a free roam (even if it is smaller) area of space.





---------------------------------------------------


Fallout 4 is still up on my play list. I've been messing about with the new additions on my "main" character but is now really on hold. My second "alt" character is the focus of most of my gameplay. I'll be siding him with the BOS. In doing so I've really been forcing myself to take their side with things.

Farharbour is due out soon as well. That should add a lot of extra content.



---------------------------------------------------


I've been doing  a lot more PVP in wow, with 99% of the guild afk for the summer and not much else happening it's a better activity to be involved in. I might have to make up a pvp music playlist and get the music thumping for my pvp again.

No comments:

Post a Comment