Thursday 15 August 2019

STO....


A recent daily routine has evolved for my main. Summer event daily for dilithium and marks, phoenix event for it's vouchers as well as gaining the Red Matter device for my ships; Finish the dailies off with a jaunt in the Arena of Sompek for it's voucher.

With all the recent ship module/weapon upgrades I've burnt through a lot of dilithium; So getting some more back while the summer event is going isn't a bad thing. Likewise the Phoenix event, I'd discounted the red matter device before but getting more though the event is easy. The real grind which I don't consider a grind is the current Arena voucher/rep reward. Why am I pro the new rifle reward now? I watched a review video from STOunrefined, but it was a phrase he used that clicked with me; Essentially claim the reward and maybe in the future it could be useful. That sentiment is me all over as well. If I'm doing stuff daily then adding one more element isn't that big a deal. Mix all that in with the daily endeavour system and it's a process that can be lengthy enough. But because it's so varied it doesn't fell like it takes a long time. 40 minutes, maybe an hour maybe less. More fun than any kind of grind feeling. I've had longer and worse in WoW.


I've also added in a few Omega mark, Borg bashing TFO sessions to claim several kinetic cutting beam's/rep reward. I've reworked my active ship roster to remove all the 360 cannons for 360 omi/specific beam weapons. Beam weapon synergy, or as much as possible given ship setup. 


It's a shame that you can only equip one of each type of 360 beam. I've settled with a cross section of damage, Omni beam 360, damage specific 360 beam and kinetic cutting beam being the common trio added(Martok 360 for those of a Disruptor persuasion).


So with the ship fit tinkering changes I've also added in a few other modules to complete space sets. I can now group my active ships into 5 groups from 'best' to 'worst' DPS.

First my current main:


The next two, second best:


The next two are useful but not fully upgraded in module levels:


The nest ship is one I'd have added to the last last group but then I'd have added a T-5 Upgrade to a duo of T6 ships. The Tholian Meshweaver, good as it is, even fit tweaked is still a bit 'lesser' of a setup. It may not be much worse, but it's still lesser to a T6(start internet starship debate!).


And then lastly the (most utterly useless yet) absurdly fun cannon build:

I've seen good cannon builds, I've seen great cannon builds but to pull it off on a ship you need the best gear. I do not have that. Last position it is.


I'm not sure if there's much more tweaking that can be done to them. Maybe I'll learn something new that I can act on. For now they are 'done'.

I've been toying with the idea of getting my main into a Fleet/Armada and while fleet invitations are as spammed as guilds in WoW, there are one or two big names that keep popping up. Time will tell.
Fleet modules could be the next step for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment