Tuesday 20 August 2019

Controllers again....

It's been a few months since I blogged about getting the new cheaper yet surprisingly good quality controllers. But I've been lazy and not ordered the thumb caps, which I mentioned in my original post. A trip out shopping last weekend found myself randomly see a set of 4 Xbox One thumb caps for a few euro. I took the option to get them. I know I could have gotten more, cheaper online but that hadn't happened yet and these were right there....

Grips from gioteck. Talk about over stating the product. The packaging makes them seem like they're part of a space program. Just rubber thumb caps, one step above a party balloon!


The grip textures on the ones I bought are the opposite colours, the four-dot is white and the multi-dot is black.

However the two multi-dot caps are not worth the money, the feel may be the same material but they are concave, so hump up in the middle; I prefer them the other way for thumb comfort. 

The original finish to the controller thumb sticks isn't the worst but it's not the best either, but way better than anything else concave I can put on them. Small but very subjective thing.
With the new (2 convex 4-dot) caps fitted the improvement is immediate, well worth the few extra euro to 'finish' off the feel of the controller. Softer yet still sturdy. Little differences matter.


As for the other two caps I'll ignore their existence and maybe in the future buy the ones I originally mentioned.... At some stage.....

No comments:

Post a Comment