Thursday 15 April 2021

ETS 2....

I've been truly slacking with the game. Barely even keeping up to date with the last event never mind doing much to preempt the new DLC and it's launch event. 

The 'Iberia DLC' is a good one. Good for it's new features and overall game enhancements and additions. I've been enjoying it and it's event. 

That event has two conditions, that the external contract you do is to and/or from a unique city/town(only counts once) of the new DLC; And that the journey is over 200km.


I took my time and completed it quick enough.


Not as quick as some and seeing a tweet about the DLC not being out 24 hours but having over 30 million kilometres driven by players says a lot.... 

The expansion seems to cover a lot of ground(pun?); a lot of areas(game mechanics) of the game. Such as new Special transport locations. I'm looking forward to doing some of those next.


I've only been to real life Spain briefly, but the game looks the part. It 'feels' like the country. No every grain of dirt is simulated and things that are simulated aren't to scale..... Shocking I know(boat load of sarcasm). I'm getting more defensive of the DLC the more I read; I need to stop reading the negative Steam comments/reviews. Yes the DLC uses some of the same delivery area layouts. As a gamer I can spot 'map' similarities easily but guess what a lot of loading docks in the real world are the same... 

Some of the most extreme, complex delivery area's are located in this DLC. If your looking for a challenge this DLC has it.

As with all things, the DLC can't be all things to all people. Purists will complain about the minutia. Generalists will complain about general things in general ways that are particular to them as specific players. 


I'm a casual player who mainly uses a keyboard and mouse; On the odd occasion I'm lucky to get time to break out the steering wheel and pretend I'm a 'serious generalist'. Ultimately I'm enjoying the game and this DLC for what it is. New content in a game I really, really like.


One thing I did notice that has been commented on is a frame skip/stutter issue. This only happened for me 2 or 3 times and only on roundabouts. An a.i. vehicle jumped a millisecond ahead of itself. I found it an odd graphical glitch but not a game breaking one for it's rarity(hours of gameplay in the DLC). There's so much good in this DLC that I've no regrets about getting it on day one.

The plethora of new sightseeing landmarks make 'just' driving around a viable reward. More so than I found previously.

The game overall has improved, sound and visuals; It's great to 'just' be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment