Thursday 25 June 2015

Wow patch 6.2 thoughts after day one....

While I should go through the main points on the new patch in detail I'll cut it short and say that I'm disappointed with the patch.
Both myself and the missus took out main's, my hunter and her mage. I found it a very frustrating experience. On my hunter I died twice due to pulling to many mobs/getting respawns on top of respawns. Barrage on my hunter does not help ;-p
The missus on her Mage would have been in a much worse position with survivability despite her dps if I wasn't there to tank with my pet.
Yes it provides new content but it does it with the worst way possible, grinding. We skipped a lot of daily quests. Area's were not clear enough to navigate with ease which lead to being sidetracked and sidetrack sidetracked which was annoying. I found that the quest handin/grind area's were too far apart with not enough linking quests/path's. All in all I found myself saying I wouldn't be doing a lot of this on other characters if at all.
The shipyard mission table/shipyard ship creation was annoying due to having to run up and down the hill to do stuff, really Blizz why not have it all centralised in the shipyard, of heaven help us have TWO tables in the main HQ part of my garrison having my minions running instead of me.
The only good thing I did was to get the rare kill for the Felpup pet reward. Patch 6.2 done for me, maybe the raids and reworked dungeons will be of entertainment but that's some time off yet.



Grumpy Elf says it best in this pre patch post about the expected grinding and his follow up post does a way better job of analysing the patch, his first impressions are worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment