Monday 7 September 2015

Battletech return....

Looks like there will be a new Mech (battletech) game. By the sounds of it it will be more along the lines of Mechcommander. PC gamer has the info here, as well as the video interview below.
The game has it's site here.



Battletech in all it's various game types is rich and very story driven. The timeline is a thing to behold.
This makes me want to break out my Mechwarrior 4 games (all 3 of them).  Being the nerd I will play them in release order. MW4: Vengeance, Black Knight and then the main event, MW4 Merc's. Not just because that was the release order but because the games improve and are so much better as they go on.
Starting with a predefined story in the first, onto a branch of that story in the expansion and then the true pinnacle Merc's lets you stomp around that universe as as true Merc company. Great great games.
Despite the first game being released in 2000 I think they still stand up today. The gameplay is great. I have had a lot of fun and love this period in the time line as well. The perfect end of Mech 4 for me after keeping my allegiance fairly balanced is with the Rogue Ending.
It's been a few years since I played them last. Not that long ago I used to have a replay of them over the Christmas holiday's. I might have to check these out again sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment