Friday 25 September 2015

More Eve updates....

Lots of interesting information in the CSM minutes and a lot of talk on various sites about the implications mixed with lots of speculation.
Minutes for the meetings: Day One, Day Two & Day 3.

I do lament the lack of PVE content. So many mmo's clone idea's from other mmo's. STO and even WoW would give Eve a quick idea here and there on the value of progressive PVE content. But to have one team looking after both Faction warfare (PVP) and PVE is not a good thing in my view. My woes aside the minutes show the game will be made better and progress forward as a whole. That's still a good thing.
Of the CSM members that blog about their summit the go to for me is Sugar Kyle's blog, well worth the read.


With the o7 show back and on my mind, I read Eve Hermit's post on the show. In it he says "I’m still not sure if the lack of polish is endearing or not.", I have to agree. One thing that CCP does do well is preplanned video content. Any CCP video trailer has a good quality feel to it. Watching the show has it's ups and downs. It's hard to put into words, I sometimes feel a sort of .... geeky awkward facepalm. I really just have to scratch my head and wonder if doing a live show is worth it for them. A little editing goes a long way.

There has been a lot on the Eve blogs about the community and hostility towards developers and internal teams within CCP. There has been a lot said for and against but the best thing I've read wasnt' specifically about CCP or Eve online but this artcle in PC Gamer. Maybe this is a wider growing internet "thing".
People can say all kinds of things online, especially being protected behind an avatar, character, disposable username or e-mail. Even in Eve where a person "is" their character with a history. A lack of accountability can make people do a lot of things they wouldn't normally do in person.


Two bloggers had some interesting posts about the Eve online epic mission arc's. Eve Hermit here
 & NevilleSmit here.
I've not done an arc in a good while, maybe the SOE arc with my wife's trial last year.
Both my mains have completed the Amarr and Caldari arc's at least twice. Alts I think have at least done it once per racial background, so my Amarr alt has done the Amarr Arc once etc.
The null alt is pretty blank on being able to run any missions higher than level 2 for any faction outside of SOE level 4's and the level 1 SOE arc. I've only just gotten him to a level 3 agent on his way with luck to a level 4 agent and some "proper" missioning for his adoptive faction. The Gallente arc is a long way off for him.
There have been comments about how Eve needs to change to keep interest alive but I'm of a type that would disagree. Not that change needs to be stopped but that there does need to be a steady foundation that is the same. How else do you build anything on shifting sands.

The new patch notes are out and of interest. Eve Updates is a more user friendly version of those notes.


I really like that Battlecruisers are getting a lot of love. with luck the command ships will get some added tweaks. I also like the removal of "troll" ceptors, they were way too common an annoyance. Who wouldn't want to use the new bultibuy option. Or seeing new "better" station graphics.

Of really great value in this patch/expansion is the additional timers no more counting down those seconds in my head! The new probe scanning map to make it easier is a big welcome as well.
The new cruiser Burner missions are too "leet" for me and I'll be avoiding those with an extra dose of asset risk aversion. Or do it once there is a standardised omni fit..... so never.
Overall there are massive quality of life updates and enhancements with a PVE update that I'll never do.
Roll on the next patch.... Throne world invasions? I have a lot of pve hope at the implementation of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment