Monday 7 September 2015

HI-SEAS....

As much as I'd wish it, the title of this post has nothing to do with pirates. Or more specifically nothing to do with Sea of Thieves. It instead stands for Hawaii Space Exploration Analog and Simulation.
HI-SEAS is funded by NASA. It's currently started it's fourth and final project. I'm sure there will be a HI-SEAS II.
I've always had an interest with space faring as much as my interest in pirates. Perhaps in a more romanticised way for both. I've been nostalgic about the space race. I grew up with the shuttle missions, Mir, Hubble and the international space station. I wish there was more. The Mars one project may be the real deal but it all seems more rushed than scientific. There are some really good arguments and debates online and on youtube that put forward their cases. Besides all that... For a return to Earth and being supplied, a base on the moon first seems more practical. But I'm waffling on again..... Of the people in the habitat blogging about their experiences I've chosen one to follow http://livefrommars.life/. Interesting reading. The small details are the real interest for me. The enforced 20 minute lag time on the internet usage alone would be enough to kill me. Never mind any of the really important things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment