Friday 16 October 2015

My Cities: Skylines update....

 

I'm still progressing through the game. I'm finding it brings back more simcity memories than any other simcity game that came out. Every now and again as I'm playing it I find myself humming the main tune to Simcity 2000. It brings a smile to my face :)


I really am loving the new game that much.
Cities Skylines is the epitome of the Simcity series done well. I can't praise it enough. The developing company have done a great job. Allowing modding out of the box is great. A company that values having a community of players.

I've played one city but as I was new and was "messing" about with how to play the game I did start a second more "serious" city. It's been fun. Planning and reaction are the key things to the game. You may plan a perfect city but demand may throw your plans out the window as you rezone residential into commercial only to need residential again. Or really needing to educate tour population only for the only school you have to burn down because you decided to get a police station instead of a firehouse. Little examples but fun.
As I've been playing though I've been having major problems with traffic. No matter the amount of time I spend on correcting it or trying something else in the way of traffic flow, it still ends up a mess for me.

Heat map of the traffic flow....
Always traffic...... Always.

The bad traffic holds up the fire engines, police, ambulances and all other traffic, city and civi. I will find an answer..... I doubt it will be roundabouts....

No comments:

Post a Comment