Wednesday 31 May 2017

Another on the House....

Origin's own distribution software looks a lot like Steam but like the Xbox Games with Gold gives older games for free. It's a promotion that isn't too bad as the games, while not the best, are not the worst either.

The game for free this time around is a repeat from about a year ago. I dont' mind as I didn't get to 'claim' it before. Medal of Honor Pacific Assault.

2004 was a good year for gaming: Half-Life 2, Rome Total War, Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Warcraft, Far Cry, Sid Meier's Pirates. There was a lot to enjoy and a lot of those same games I still enjoy from time to time to this day.

I do recall three main things about my original run of Pacific Assault.
Difficult enemies because they would banzai charge you after appearing quickly from cover (atmospheric).
That the game had a decent order system for teammates, if limited by today's standards.
The need for a corpman to heal you when your on the ground blacking out is interesting.

I'm still limited with my mobile broadband away from home so I wont' be downloading it yet. I dont' know how much I'll play this game, retro nostalgia may not be enough, but at least I've added it to the list and have the option later.

A playthrough worth a watch:


No comments:

Post a Comment