Monday 5 October 2015

Eve, Eve and more Eve.... The bad.

While my last entry is all about the upcoming changes and the "good". I feel I have to keep this entry the "bad" separate as it is worthy of it's own entry.

I have ranted about the lack of Mystery code content here on and off and specifically in this entry.
The details of the mystery codes history is one, on the face of it, that shows CCP's lack of interest in a product that once released they immediately backtracked on. I get the feeling that CCP decided they should never have released it. They are trying to put the genie back in the bottle by ignoring the genie and saying what bottle.

With the lack of mystery code content and an ever increasing roadmap for Eve of new and exciting changes/items/events, it prompting me to search the forums.
All previous forum entries had been locked. Now I am no forum warrior and I never post but I wanted to see what else was out there about the mystery code. I wanted to see if there were other people as frustrated as I am. I was surprised to find that there was a newer entry on the forum:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6040309#post6040309
I think I was more surprised that it hadn't been locked and closed off. With no official blue CCP post in it I checked a little further back and indeed found another thread on the subject and this one had a blue post.
But I have to say I was gobsmacked by the response!
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5785888#post5785888



The amount of frustration I have for this subject and then seeing that reply made my stomach churn. The amount of venom and bile I want to spit out would kill a bull elephant.

Let me just paste the description of the mystery code from the description CCP gave for it.
I've made some of it bold to highlight the main meaning.
"This is just the beginning of what the Mystery Code will unlock.  In the future, whenever we have big things happening—not just across the EVE Universe but across all CCP games—you will find a Mystery Code element to enjoy. There’s much more planned we can’t discuss right now, but you can rest assured that as we continue our journey into the Second Decade with you, the Mystery Code will be your perfect traveling companion."

What a contrast! 


So comparing that quote with the last blue dev post above leads me to think that everything that has been released in Eve, Dust and Gunjack since is sub-par the level of the Mystery code.
My what high standards CCP is holding the mystery code to!

Lets consider the type of previous gifts form the mystery code, such as a ship skin and character clothing. Yea A skin and some avatar clothing, they doesn't really come up to that "super" level do they.
It sickens me.
Just have a look at some of whats been released since February (less Dust 514 content and an entire new game Gunjack), this list will help. It's a joke to think that Mystery code items were not been produced and given to holders. For instance a "little" thing like T3 Destroyers. Really CCP?! No Free ship, no 1 run BPC, not even a skin for one!  I have more content from Christmas gift than the mystery code.

CCP the Mystery Code Misers!

Now with the new roadmap listing everything coming in the next few month's insult has been added to the ongoing injury in the form of the new Tribute System.
Described as "In a move to pay tribute to the growing power of Capsuleers and their efforts throughout the universe, CONCORD has authorized a fund to fuel extra rewards for pod pilots on a regular basis."

Wow!.... Fuel to my fire.

Instead of having a few users who paid to be awarded some special items we are going to make everyone special. What a crock.

I wont' be holding my breath for the next mystery code item....


No comments:

Post a Comment