Thursday 9 July 2015

Random gameplay....

Sometimes I find myself wanting to go back to a game I've played. Rome total war is just so right on so many levels, I keep going back to it every now and again. Despite the shaky AI on release it can still surprise me when trying different tactics. There have been so many mods to help improve the game. You just gotta love the gaming community when they like something.
So I've been playing a lot of RTW, revisiting old saves mixed with a fresh start. Nothing like having a pause button, it's almost a novelty when so many online/mmo games are the mainstay's.


I had another look at a game that's had an icon on my desktop for a long time. Minecraft. I was never big into it online but solo and on a home network server it was a good distraction. I think it has tried to over complicate itself and has shifted away from it's initial appeal but it is still a great game. Maybe that is just Microsoft exploiting it for so many sales.... 20 Million copies for PC alone!


Last but not least, not an old game brought back but a new game from Blizzard, Heroes of the Storm.
It brings together all the characters, races and stories of all their games, Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft in a mix that actually works very well. It may be free to play but it relies heavily on in game purchases. It was worth a playthough of the tutorial and a bit of random gaming to be sure but I'd probably go back to Hearthstone to be honest.
I would love to see one thing from HotS come into WoW.... This freaking unicorn mount is hilarious.....


Star Trek online has also been played a lot and I've enjoyed watching video's from Brent Justice, his new Let's Play Star Trek Online - Federation Faction 2015 Free-to-Play has inspired me to go back and play STO again.... But my gaming on that is more worthy of it's own post... at some stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment