Friday 3 July 2015

Dust 514....

Dust 514 gameplay goes on, it's additively hard and joyously satisfying when things go right. As usual it's a roller-coaster of ups and downs for me over both characters.

The latest Dust 514 Newsletter had a free skin for a Gallente Heavy suit, absolutely useless for me, I doubt I'll ever have a suit I use that I can put it on.... I did try it out just to have a look but I think the textures were broken as it showed up as being black... and untextured.... I might try it again....


The start of the (1 day delayed, 1 day extended) week long event for a new skin is now in it's fourth day and I was surprised at the start to see the rewards for each part of the weekly being rewarded for lockbox keys. No idea why it surprised me but it did. Maybe as a boost to "help" people push on and be rewarded as they go.

My main is in no need of the Minmatar skin as he mainly uses Amarr and Caldari suits. But this event is made for my Alt, at least the reward is. The act of getting the needed weekly missions is going to be another thing.
125 kills and 125 kill assists is something that can be done even if you have to grinding games just to push through it but 25 installation kills and 25 primary hacks is a big ask, at least for me on my alt, hard enough on a normal day never mind a weekly event where everyone is gunning for the same thing. The amount of suits I've burned through already is waaaaay up on the normal amount.

I've been keeping tab on the matches and scores etc to see how I do per mach and overall. I'll still do the daily on my main to get the 1 win 1 key done but I'll push hard to see how I can get on with the alt and get it done sooner rather than later.
I presume that the skin is not bound to the character and as such I'd be better off to do the matches on my main but I wouldn't be able to trade it to my Alt, that's the killer catch of the current trading system.
Once the event is done or I've reached the quotas for getting the skin I'll start on a post to 'document' how I do on each day.
Happy to say I went through some sleep deprivation and pushed to the end last night (early this morning ;-p) and completed the 4 weekly Missions for the event. I'll start doing up a post on what happened....

No comments:

Post a Comment