Thursday 9 July 2015

Dust 514 - Warlords 1.2 Patch....

The new patch is another good step in the right direction of improvement for the game. Warlords 1.2 Overview & Patch Notes
I wonder if it's a case of making the game better or still being a testbed for a port to PC at some stage. I can't see a port to a PS4 as it would disperse the current playerbase. Maybe CCP wouldn't care about that. Maybe they will let Dust 514 wither on the vine. How many current players went for a new Xbox instead, how many new PS4 owners would go for the ported game, how many current players would go buy a PS4 to keep up with the game. All interesting questions but to open to tinfoil hattery debates. So many more questions to ask.... Only CCP knows... then again maybe they don't. I think the game is lucky to be where it is and that it does deserve more the longer it lasts.
The biggest changes in the patch for me were that suits being separated from the skins. This messed up the fits I had or removed them altogether from the loadouts so needed me to rethink and refit... not a bad thing after the week long SKIN event. The last two day's of which saw me scramble to get those goals covered on my main. A lot easier than I thought but done in time thankfully. Which surprised me. The installation kills were the hardest to get and took a while, but done just in the nick of time. The biggest hindrance was the patch hitting on the last day of the event and getting used to it and the fit changes.  There was noting to be done on that score, the event was delayed and an extra day granted, CCP have been accommodating for the overlap and internal problems. The passive 1 day implant this week is a showing of good faith well received. All fun and games.

As for my alt getting the skin I had forgotten how items are assigned. I could have just had my main do the event, gain the skin and then just assign it to the alt on the login screen. Lesson leaned for next time.
Also. My alt during the event unlocked a Brutor Logi suit BPO that with the patch turned into a BPO suit and a Brutor Skin, which I think looks as cool as the event skin.... Glad I have both to use.





















With the Weekly event done and the return to "normality" it feels like something is missing. That I should be doing something else in game. The return to completing a 1win 1 key reward daily seems very tame. Roll on the next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment