Friday 25 November 2016

Blast from the past.... System Shock 2

I took the opportunity to buy System Shock 2 during a previous sale. Like other games I had played many moons ago I was able to use my old saved games and relive the OP nature of the character I'd spent far too much time on. I recall playing the game and stashing all the unused/fixed/spare items in the main elevator what links the games levels. On reloading the saves I was reminded of the second stash I had created just outside that elevator on a replay, gaming the game to get items and horde them. The things you do when you want to stay in a game and revel in it.



It took a minute or two to get used to the controls again. I may have to remap them to be like a more modern shooter.

Despite the nostalgia, the gamplay and atmosphere stays true if you accept the games aesthetics as an "art style", rather than saying it's outdated. I must look up the mod that had the updated graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment