Friday 4 September 2020

Minecraft....

A lil'bit'o'minecraft here, a lil'bit'o'minecraft there and the next thing you know your so far away from known territory that you decide to become overlord of a small village.

Rocket propelled Elytra wings are a blessing and a curse. Either way they have a lot to answer for.

One trip to find more pig portals, sorry Ruined Portals; saw me landing on a mountain with a village at it's base. Loot and pillage awaited. They don't need crafting tables, furnaces, blast furnaces, hay-bales, wood or 36 lanterns...... Neither do I, but a trip needs plundered loot!


Long story short and plunder aside I took interest in a village building. I've seen plenty of it's kind in the past but I really liked this version in this location.


Going a stage further I wanted to know what it was made out of (white terracotta and oak everything else); And how it was put together. So some deconstruction was needed. Not only to see the reverse engineering design but to re-purpose the same blocks. Waste not want not.


What villager, I don't see any villager!


Doing my own take on the same design gave a building that was slightly taller, wider and longer than the original villager version. Fun to do and handy enough to put up that I created one for a bit of a home at the end of two long stretches of rail. Not the exact same build, there is not definitive plan or layout but interesting to see what developed from a 'kind of like' template-ish design.



I'm a sucker for some aesthetic details so chairs a table inside and out. Not practical but gives a better 'feel'.

The bottom house has this internal floor layout(not bad for a pitstop/layover):

No comments:

Post a Comment