Monday 14 September 2020

Multiplayer First Person Shooter Consideration....


My time in Battlefield 1 is making me consider getting into another shooter(I love BF1 but it's getting hard to get consistently good matches!). So I'm back looking to pick a new Battlefield-esque style multiplayer FPS, which in turn has brought me back to reconsider Post Scriptum vs Hell Let Loose.

Previously I was too dismissive of both games as I thought them overly hardcore mil sim-esque.

Time to reconsider.

As I've missed out on free weekends to test I'm going on reviews, opinions, hearsay and videos.

With the next Battlefield game to release looking like a 'modern' themed shooter I'm ok with the WW2 theme of PS and HLL; I think I prefer it. Battlefield 1 has spoiled me on the theme front for too long. Less is more(even with experimental WW1 weapons).

After my recent batch of research(googlin). PS is considered a 'lite' version of ARMA and HLL is a Battlefield-esque style of game in a hardcore mode with a more arcadey feel.

That said it would seem my choice should lean towards HLL. One good reason being that HLL is Battlefield big but not ARMA vast.

Also worth considering is that PS is a launched game whereas HLL is an Alpha that is still under development. I like that Alpha underdog element with regard to loyalty to players. HLL seem to have it; They seem to be answering community problems and applying fixes asap.
Also worth mentioning that even being an 'Alpha' they are compared on par with PS. HLL has potential as well as the momentum to pull that potential off. Not to mention a good looking roadmap going forward.


The official HLL retweeted a video from a YouTuber that captures the game in one. I find it very compelling.


The more I'm looking into both games the more I'm leaning towards HLL.

I even mentioned HLL to a friend that's into Arma3 just to see if his hardcore crew are already into it. They aren't but they are looking for a new game to get into. He said he'd mention it to them; So I have hope that things might turn into something more than me going solo into another multiplayer game. Then again knowing my luck they'll choose Post Scriptum over HLL.

So yea, Hell Let Loose, back on the list to be purchased in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment