Tuesday 29 September 2020

Football Manager 2020....


While I've been keeping an eye out on getting some sort of football(Soccer) management sim I've not seen anything that interested me(yet). A mix between a hardcore sim and something 'arcadey' would be perfect(Sociable Soccer!!!!!) but seems hard to get. It's almost been a year since I last posted about this(here and here). The later link was regarding a demo of Football Manager 2020. While the demo didn't do anything for me then, I was surprised to see the full game was free on the Epic store. 
Of course I claimed it as with all freebies. Seems there were a lot who did as well. There was enthusiastic news about it being free and that a huge number of people had claimed it. I think they may have oversold the hype about it free or not.

Loaded up the full FM 20 game I was as unimpressed as I was with the demo. So of course I biased. FM 19 and 20 are it seems just not my thing. So much about it is not a triple A game. Getting it for free now I'm still nonplussed. I don't see it as a game that's had a linage of improved game on improved game over teh course of years! They have really dropped the ball the last few years for sure.

Even the main game menu doesn't inspire confidence(for me anyway).


The graphics are ugly. No wonder Fifa thought they could muscle in on the management side of a soccer based game.

I'm finding myself really annoyed with most things in the game. There are plenty of buttons to click and options to choose but it's lacking soul, especially with matches, is soul destroying! 


I'll not complain about the crowd cheers or the repeated lines of a Fifa game again!

This game has a certain lack of charisma(to say the least) and to me is boring AF. There's no motivation to get to match day when there's no payoff for that simulated hard work! Match day should be the crowning moment. I've played better manager sims on the C64(Match of the Day, Zeppelin, 1992)!


Back to looking at Fifa games for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment