Monday 14 December 2020

Tetris Effect: Connected....

Since last time (doesn't seem like a month ago) I've continued to plug away at the game. Enjoyment and frustrations abound. The higher the difficulty the worse I do; No surprise I suppose. Cleared beginner, just over half way through on normal and feel on my face on Hard.... On the second level. Casual gamer is casual and with really fast block speed it quickly looses the fun of the challenge.

With progress comes the waning of the 'journey'; Which I suppose can be considered the 'main campaign' of the game. Some great levels with themes and music worthy of a revisit for that alone(like thisthis and this). Even the last level(a hard challenge but a fair one, not hard for the sake of it(imho)). The levels and the transition in gameplay from one to the next is a 'journey', a game worth the time. 

With that 'journey' fading I've been spending more and more time in the 'Effects Mode'. Challenges which alter the main levels by switching up the rules, speed and overall difficulty based on 'mood' categories. While the moods are based on “Relax,”, “Focus”, “Classic” and “Adventurous”; They do ramp up the challenge the further down the list you go. 



The last of which 'Mystery' under 'Adventurous'; I've had good and bad attempts at but luck is key to winning over it's randomness. None of it for me as of yet. Here's a taste, an attempt that got out of control on me:


While fun is being had in the game, I get the sense that that is reaching an end of sorts. Pushing more progress is loosing the fun in the effort. I'm still curios to see the VR update.

No comments:

Post a Comment