Friday 14 May 2021

Hades....

 

Hades, while I may be late to the party I've been getting into the game over the last couple of weeks. While I've plinked away at it since I bought it(last February along with Bomber Crew and Torchlight III), it has very much sat on the back-burner of my gaming. No fault of it's own. Too many games and not enough time. I really do like so much of it's elements. It well deserves all it's accolades. In short it does it all so well! Graphics, audio, the characters and humour, it's got style and I love it for it all! 




Gameplay for me has ranged from pure button mashing to thought out considered choices. Regardless of what you choose, sometimes random is random and you have to roll with it. Not that I've done any real farming in the game. As random as the game can be there is a lot of repetition.


It does seem to need a lot if you want to get/have/collect/upgrade and 'do' it all. The games style does a lot to easy it. For me and my current gameplay needs I've long since lost the farm/grinding in a game. I guess I'm more choosy than a completionist for the sake of it. Hades is no different on that score(for me).


Hades does it all well. I've been enjoying it but I've felt frustrations creeping in. After persisting I knew I was at a stage where the game would have faded away unplayed and then later uninstalled. But the game has a 'God Mode', Ill named but apt theme as it increases your survivability the more you get killed. A true gift from the gods. 

Once turned on your first death allows 20% damage resistance on your next run, then every subsequent death/run allows an additional 2% till you reach 80%. While a player may never reach (depending on player and farming/activities) anywhere near 80%(maybe, maybe not!?); It all allows an edge to bring enjoyment back to the adventure. Allowing grinding without as much punishment for the efforts. Hope of percentages in your favour. 

A game that allows players to facilitate gameplay has to be well commended. Each to their own. There's so much of the game to be seen and enjoyed. More now that I've turned on that mode and there is renewed 'hope' of enjoyment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment