Wednesday 24 November 2021

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw....


Pottering away with missions, mining, trading and many games of 8-ball I've both fully upgraded Bountiful Vista and have a Blood Eagle



There's been no disappointment with the ship, I've even upgraded some weapons and equipment.




Doing some more missions got enough credits which 'made an upgrade' to a Coyote(always looking at the next rung up the ladder) easier. One successful mission in Eureka later in it and I 'downgraded' back to the blood eagle! I barely survived it. Too much damage was being done too fast to me. If not for police and a buddy to help I'd have failed it.

Despite the 'difficulty' being a system set semi dynamic (ship/equipment) calculation, it's not an easy thing to get a gut feeling for. I've been in 'better' ships(on paper) and still been crushed faster in low end 'starter' systems.... I don't 'get' it


Getting back into the Blood Eagle I felt I had upgraded enough to try the Durgan fight again. My new Blood Eagle and upgraded gear was stomped on faster in the Durgan fight than in ships I'd been in previously. While not feeling as down as I had about that first ship upgrade. I'm questioning the grind to get all the best gear because I've no idea if that's whats really needed to survive the fight. It's still a fight that a player reaches early in the game story arc; It shouldn't be that hard! Should it?

Progress is still progress; I've made some. This is another bump in the road. As for driving on from here, a break from the game may be needed. No Eureka moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment