Wednesday 17 November 2021

Halo and The Master Chief Collection....


I've waffled about my retro, back in the day Halo, OG Xbox times.... I've gotten all re-retro nostalgic in a 2019 post; Getting and playing games I'd not had back then(like here). While I still stand behind my previous posts(for the most part); I can say I was wrong in the Xbox platform having a fade away effect on me. Since 2019 if anything the platform and PC have been even more joined at the hip by the Ultimate subscription. As such I've been 'more into' the Xbox platform(Star Trek Online, Darkest Dungeon, Battlefield 1, all games I play on PC as well). The lists of games go on ..... Cross-platform games the big winner. 

So why an I waffling about all this... The Master Chief Collection. I've taken another look. Last time I was nonplussed about the new v old textures(very 1st world problem). This time round I'm more appreciative of the new and of the switch new to old and back texture option. I still think some of the older stuff is better..... But each to their own.

Old frozen waterfall:


New frozen waterfall:


Pluses and minuses to each but to the eye of the beholder it's each to their own.

Which has all driven me to play more but mainly for achievements. Being in a non said achi point competition can lead to a person doing things that they wouldn't normally do... This is mine.


Anyway this all lead to an interesting moment. The location of that frozen waterfall is a large area filled with enemies, small to large, with plenty of enemies in vehicles, including a tank. When the combat was all said and done one grunt decided to take a post combat time out; Must've been all that running about he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment