Wednesday 27 April 2022

Hasbro Family Fun Pack - Super Edition....


About the time I was messing about with the PS3 I'd had a look at modern/current/available Monopoly options on the Xbox. All were a bit pricey. I wasn't looking to break the bank on just a monopoly game. Yet I wanted a game that was worth getting. Monopoly Plus from the 360 era was still €9.99 and it's modern iteration €14.99. While I was set to buy it I never did. That was until last week when there was a sale on and I saw it included as part of a pack. The Hasbro Family Fun Pack Super Edition. That's a mouthful. But better to buy a pack with 6 games than just the one for the same price. €14.99 is a much better price than the usual €59.99 for the pack!!!


Sometimes these 'smaller' games can be quick fun. Except Monopoly which I find always takes an age(hours), fun but not fast fun; And I usually lose(to my wife). It's all fun and there's nothing like healthy competition.


After some gameplay I can group the games into pairs in increasing interest to me.

The two games at the 'bottom' of my list. Not 'bad' games, just not for me.
Boggle still isn't a game I'd play. Classic as it is, there are better word games elsewhere.
Trivial Pursuit is definitely more of a group party game, so not a solo v's a.i. game for me.

The middle pair are the two Risk games(Risk and Risk Urban Assault). While I thought I'd me more into them, they're good, but a bit too time consuming. They just take to long to play out. Fun if you have the time but the pack has two better options for time invested(in my view).

My top two games of the pack are Battleship for quick fun and Monopoly Plus(surprise surprise) for long-term fun gamplay. 
Monopoly Plus is done well with a bit of humor. I'd have been peeved if this version of Monopoly had turned out to be a lesser game in person than I'd seen. Then again I'd have been happy that Battleship saved the day. It was a pleasant surprise of a game. Granted it's been a while since I last played battleship; So long that it was probably played on a real board(I do have a memory of a folding carry case travel version)..... But this Xbox version is really enjoyable. The extra abilities of your fleet are apt and really add to the fun.

Nothing like starting a game and sinking your opponents Carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment