Wednesday 20 April 2022

The Planet Crafter....


Progress. It's a game about progress and the process of that progress. A game to enjoy in doing, to see your efforts change your surroundings. I'm covering old ground again in saying that(here, here, here and here) but I get a lot of enjoyment out of Planet Crafter. If your rushing to get to the end then your missing the journey.



The games future looks bright! New updates bring new items and discoveries to be made. 

Golden chests

Water where water wasn't before in newer areas.


New goodies to collect.


New asteroid storms to both avoid and collect from.


One or two more floating ores about.


Sites to be seen in different lights.


Or unable to see the planet for the tree('s spreaders I've put down). 


Or the green hue of a biomass rocket.


I do like the look of these trees on a water front.


I've been happy to see a lot more green on the planet. New single room 'survival pods' for my extended walks.



And a lot more markers on the HUD to pinpoint them as well as special areas/mines.



So I've taken my time and even then gotten to unlock the fusion cell. Unlocked the wrecks 'secret' parts. There are other locked doors; I'm sure more secrets and goodies will be placed as the game develops.


The only new thing I've missed was the other crafters his final place. The game and watching players discover the new parts has had an air of excitement and in watching a stream there was talk of the grave site. So of course I had to see it for myself. This other crafters time on the planet I'm sure made my time and my survival possible.



Starting a new game to see if there was access from the start, there is. Probably best to leave visiting it till your mid to late game as the chest contents spawn at your tech level.



Another 'hidden' element noticed on a stream was that the DNA Manipulator can produce a 200% tree if you use one of the rare Golden Flowers. While not listed in the database it does work.


The journey goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment