Tuesday 1 April 2014

Dust 514....


Over the past year I've had a niggling feeling at me to get into Dust 514.

As Dust shows no signs of going to the PS4 there would be no point in investing in one of those.
With the game being a sony playstation exclusive means to try Dust I'd have to get a PS3.

A friend and his brother have raved about enjoying dust matches. What I've seen so far I've liked.
It's been a while since I did something like splurge on a random piece of tech geekery. 


I've always been an xbox fan, I've had the original xbox, an original 360 which served well and then gave up the red ring of death; A newer special edition 360 that I've had for a few years now, and then repaired the older 360. Both are still going strong. I'm still dedicated to my xbox 360's. BF4, Splinter Cell Blacklist and a few other games that reside on the xbox and not on the shelf shows I play them.



I've stood my ground and not even thought about getting one of the new consoles. Even if the PS4 looks to beat the Xbox One. Yes the graphics look great and the increase in game abilities like the number of players that can play in battlegrounds is a lot better then the older consoles. Right now for me they dont' do or play anything that would justify getting one.

So PS3 it has to be.
 
The good thing about the PS4 being out is the price drop of the PS3 with retailers. Second hand PS3's are currently selling for more or about the same as the reduced shop prices. I've seen none that have games/extras that appeal to me. None that warrant paying a lot more than just getting the console and a free game in a shop.
My thinking places me with the perspective of why buy second hand when I can have a new one for the same price that also has a guarantee.
 
The best deal I can see at the moment gives a 12GB playstation 3 + a game for 169.99 (euro) reduced from 229.98. A voucher I received as a present for that store will take that reduced price down to 109.99.

Not bad at all for a console that still has a few years left too it. I've read it should be a supported platform until 2017, am sure it will be.

The only point that makes me hesitate a little in going ahead with the PS3 is the fact that Dust may be released on pc after the summer.... its a slim chance but the internet blog pundits all seem to be divided on what will happen.

My research has lead me to a few blogs/sites and youtube vids that show self upgrading the HD of the PS3 slim will be easy, I already have a 500GB sata drive ready and waiting to be used. 

 
 
Granted the brackets are cheap online, but I dont' want to pay for something that should have already come with it...   If the ad-hoc fit seems really unstable then I'll see about the proper bracket.

During the weekend I also registered on the playstation network for a user name and listed Dust 514 as a download.

Another great thing is that I have Dust 514 items to redeem after buying the EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition for Eve Online.
These are listed in the description as:

Digital items (DUST 514)
Blind your enemies with the reflection of their defeat in your shining Amarr dropsuit while unleashing a torrent of pain from your new arsenal of weapons. These EVE: The Second Decade Collector's Edition items are permanent gear, requiring no restocking or replacement.

    Amarr "Templar" Assault Dropsuit
    Amarr "Templar" Logistics Dropsuit
    Amarr "Templar" Heavy Dropsuit
    Amarr Scrambler Pistol
    Amarr Scrambler Assault Rifle
    Amarr Laser Rifle


As I pre-purchased the Collector's edition I have an extra item code for an Amarr Drop Uplink.

A permanent item spawn point generator for strategy-minded mercenaries. Regroup your team on your terms for the tactical edge.

So it will be good to make use of these items. Maybe they will give a bit of an edge.

I'll be visiting the store this week, I can say that I'm 99% going to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment