Wednesday 4 July 2018

Quake Champions....


With my thoughts on BF5 and the considerations of the Time to Kill in FPS games; I decided to dive into another multiplayer shooter, Quake Champions. Which was free for a time on Steam last month.

It's been a long, long time since I played the original Quake in multiplayer. Lots of memories of LAN matches. Quake Champions for all it's modern graphics and enhancements feels just like the original game, at least to me, even in it's current build. Fast but controllable in a meaningful way, survivable.


The match I recorded below was 50% A.I. on each team, so not too bad for a mid-day game.
The only thing missing for me was the Doom double jump, that in this game would be cool. I was thinking of retrying the Doom Multiplayer, then I reread my old post.... So old school rocket jumping it is!! I need to relearn that and not singe myself in the process.


It's a game I jumped into and liked from the start not just for nostalgia but for the gameplay. The classes seem well balanced to my amateur eye. There's a lot to like about Quake Champions, the gameplay as well as the out of match systems. Badges, classes,  reward crates to open that give cosmetic items, XP levels etc. etc. You can see those at the end of my video.


I may not play it much but it's a game I'll be keeping installed and an eye on when I'm not dipping my toes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment