Sunday 10 November 2019

Balls....


I got to spend some time and test out the Fifa (19) demo and the full version of PES(also 19) via XBox Ultimate recently.

Fifa vs PES has always been a thing. In trying to win over the majority I've always felt that Fifa was more arcadey in feel and aspired to be more like PES's simulation feel. Likewise PES was always more simulation in feel and aspired to a more Fifa arcade feel. And round and around they both went.

The current iterations are middling for me. Fifa is not arcadey enough and PES is to simulation(eeeeeey). Even with all the out of match/story fluff to both franchise games.

So I'm back where I was a few years ago; I really like Sociable Soccer but as that's still potentially years away from a PC launch I'm stuck.

Android arcade soccer games are all advert, microtransaction riddled annoyances.

I know what I like when I see it. I'm being a persnickety S.O.B.

Maybe, if I'm not into Fifa or PES I've transitioned fully from player to manager, Football Manager 2019 does look good right about now(might be overkill).

No comments:

Post a Comment