Monday 19 September 2022

The Planet Crafter....


With the bulk of the new content truly played out and time being made for other games I've not been back much to Planet Crafter. That is until I started messing about with my 'second' save again. Thankfully patch notes have all contained the reassuring words that saves will be compatible with new content/patches(for now). So my primary save and play-though is safe which means I can get to be less careful with a second save. 
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing they say; Knowing everything about the game and being in a second save is a much different experience. For me, it allows for a less particular and less orderly take. An early save knowing where all the loot boxes, secrets, shortcuts are has made it an 'easier' life for a stranded human on an alien world. It's been different but worth it. 


For the second save I've piled all in on a single location as 'the' base and placed it in the large Iridium cave at the original start location. This is a game and a save I can do my 'thing' in; Collect, store and micromanage for the sake of it. In a 'compact and bijou' location filled with compromises.



Very compact and with lots and lots of compromise.


It was only in returning to the 'main' save that I noticed there was going to be one little problem....

Second save main base:


Main save late game:


I say little problem.... It's a big one...... A big vine I thought I had accounted for.... At a different pillar. Doh!

To move the base ever so slightly is a no go as the ground floor and the upper floor are all storage(for everything in the game that can be looted). So I can now confirm my second save is going to be permanently halting all teraforming. It's an 'early game save'..... This is the save of compromise so I'm not bothered, not really(?). It would've been nice to have been vine free in the future but it is what it is. 
I doubt I'll get into a mood to move, rebuild and resort...everything. Never say never, but for now and the foreseeable.... There would have to be a massive and long content drought for that to be considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment