Wednesday 31 January 2018

STO....


Q's event dailies are ongoing but don't feel like a grind. I think I've said that before about another set of dailies or other events in STO. The game has a good balance of effort and reward.


The worst experience in retrospect to activities/rewards was WoW, specifically late BC doing 20 odd dailies on multiple characters.... And almost getting trapped in something similar at the end of the (Wo)Dreanor expansion, never mind everything in between... farms/garrisons etc... Which all moves on and your efforts are for no long term benefit. Legendary weapons, something something....


Anyway speaking of long term benefit, my level 11 captain, a tactical, agent of yesterday/name placeholder; Has ships/gear/reputation boosts and other items. Gathered form other characters and events all in his bank in preparation for the day when I feel the need to level a low level captain. That's long term rewards not bound by expansion. I like that a lot.


Not to harp on... But getting a conversion of currencies to use in the C-Store, being able to buy items that otherwise would cost real world cash, even as a free to play account has been and remains amazing. I can't even count the amount of zen I've spent on the game yet it's not cost me a penny. It's not like I've gone out of my way to do a big grind like wow, I set fleet missions on a character and it all works itself out... Set and collect. How more easy could it be.


Saying all that doesn't mean that the game doesn't have grindy elements. 'Imho' those grindy activities can be avoided with minimal effort and fun in gameplay. I've been doing the game as a solo player with no fleet so I think that all does justify saying it's a game that's balanced effort and reward. I can only imagine that with the efforts of a fleet group I'd have so much more in game.

As for showing a glimpse of the fun, here's some combat from the latest featured episode:


No comments:

Post a Comment