Sunday 5 July 2020

Battletech....


After years of multiple campaign runs, DLC content and Ironman (and here)modes etc I've pretty much decided to finally retire Battletech. Having played a fair few missions trying to do the 'Pirate' life recently, it feels like I'm doing it just for the sake of doing it. A chore of grinding I can't stomach, instead of an enjoyable love of the gameplay experience.

The game is good, great even. I really am and have been 'into it'. But....

The missions for pirate rep are sparse. Never mind that that reputation in the early game(non campaign) is so small it amounts to a lot of grind. Sparse missions leads to lots of filler between those small gains. Cash in game isn't a problem as your always going to be fighting everyone so you'll get a contract one way or another. A lot of work and time to get to being 'in' with pirates. The main reward of which is access to the black market. Not a great thing imho. I bought my way in, in my main campaign game, I don't think I bothered to buy anything.  

So why do it for the sake of doing it..... Achievement? No point, not worth it either. Other games to play, better times to be had.

A game I'll pop back to when I feel in the mood but one I need to strike from the list. It's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment