Thursday 16 July 2020

Crying Suns....


Getting back into the swing of things over the last day or two was better than last time.

My latest trip through the last cluster was relatively uneventful. Surprisingly so. Thankfully I've seen some positive interactions, luck with scrap/fuel and it's been one of the better runs to reach the end overall. I'm presuming that patches, game mechanic tweaks, have all made the difference. Subtly differences for the better on top of some of the larger changes and additions(ship cores and the advanced tactics patch/update in general!).


So yea that end system/node with it's three phase fight while still a massive pain in the posterior; Ended well this time round. Thankfully the last of the three in a row fight was less harsh than I remembered. Maybe I was just lucky.


The end brings with it a mountain of text to leave no facet of explanation and story uncovered. That's a good thing. Text I'll skip 'if' I return. Your given a choice at the end.... a choice of options that each have an achievement.... I'm in n no rush to get back and redo them one after another just for the achi. As for the story..... Hmmmmmm.

Completing the game adds chapter selections up front, so there's more replayability on top of the replayability it had in spades. I may not be back immediately to the game but it'll get played again.

Getting this done allows me to strike another off the list of ongoing games to 'complete'. All for fun now, by choice! 

I've completed it. I've read the story-line and chosen my ending(potential spoilers below - just more thoughts).


No major spoilers but.... 

Kaliban is such a dick! A passionate, selfish, disloyal DICK! 
Cool, calculating, unemotional my buttcheeks! 

My poor crew.... disposable to the end... What does that make my character really!! Statistical anomaly!? Plaything of the Omni's!? Choice that isn't really a choice. speaking of which.
Fuppin ascension Omni's are likewise dicks! Ascended my áss. Superior leetist a**holes! No wonder the suns are crying!!!!!!!! 
Lot of Matrix vibes going on in the endings re the machines(Omni's). Vindictive a**holes even if they wont' admit it and reason otherwise.

I'm not unhappy with the ending, I'd have been happier if I'd not have gotten so much more new information as well..... These things happen. If I'd not have gotten all the new info I'd be asking even more questions.

Yea I'll be back for more once I gloss over some of the story in my memory with thinking about the fun gameplay.


Kaliban.... 

Kaliban........

........................you dick!

No comments:

Post a Comment