Monday 6 July 2020

Star Trek Online....


So the new updates went live and the new event hit. From all I've seen online prominent youtubers the Red Angel Suit is a let down. Looks good on paper but not in practice. A big part of that is it's cooldown timer. suit activation lasts 40 second but has a 2 minute cooldown before reactivation can happen. That's a long wait, faffing about in a ground mission for something that's not that OP.


I'll still claim it. Doing the new TFO to build up to a free item isn't bad. The TFO is similar to another TFO that I can't name but still interesting to do. A change is as good as a rest as the saying goes. Content is content.


As for the start of the year of the Klingon... It's ok so far, it's not like there's never been a civil war before. That's my take a very much glossing over a lot of story. The end result of the year will be interesting... With luck by the end some sort of time-line shenanigans will 'clean things up'.


The TFO is decent, the patrols are ok, it's noting that hasn't been seen/done before. Then again if it was overly complex there'd be massive complaints. I just can't remember how long it's been (a long time) since I failed a TFO... Then again I'm not running Elite content.



For me it's the ground missions that showed the most 'new' in game changes. It's surprising what you can notice as new. Corridor shapes, textures and lighting etc. Not just a rehashing of previous in game content locations. The game also seems to have had a bit of a reinterpretation on the visual front; Not a game reworking but a new visual  process maybe. There's more detail than I remember, or perhaps more definition of detail. As well as lighting... Guess there is more than what was in the patch notes(here more than here); They have a tendancy to be understated in the true patch details.



The new content also had a cut-scene which is my new second favorite scene. Back to back fighting with Martok.



My very favorite also includes him... Kicking the Tzenkethi off the edge in a 'this is Sparta' maneuver.


Classic. All Martok content is good content!


Cryptic had their 20th anniversary as well and gave silver themed rewards across all their games. I do like the new vanity shield on ships.

The journey goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment