Sunday 12 July 2020

Eve Online....

I've made numerous comments about how I don't 'get' CCP's way of thinking. A tweet from them today highlights my point.


It's a small thing but like I said it's the way they think. Here's an officially released tweet that on reading has nothing really to do with the ship in the image. Other than the mention at the end. The long winded story to get there is just that, long winded. Mention of two other empires. No mention of the Amarr at all, you know the owners/builders of that ship line. 

Whats the point of this tweet.... I'm not sure there is one beyond it being a cryptic tweet about in game lore. Lore that they had to reply to a comment to expand on.

Much better had the original tweet been: 
"Advanced development of maneuverable ships by the Caldari in their war with the Gallente lead to the sharing of that knowledge with their allies, the Amarr. In YC 113 the Amarrian Empress Jamyl Sarum the first decreed that her ship manufacturers use this new knowledge and build battlecruisers to break the stalemate of the empyrean war. The Oracle was born."

Ye know... Lore being written as lore.

I'm no lore expert(I can barely write/type), but CCP do have dedicated employees for lore. Maybe they should have them spend one minute on tweets like this.

I still don't 'get' CCP.

No comments:

Post a Comment