Friday 29 October 2021

Darkest Dungeon II....


While I'm 'into' the first game and have been since it came out fully(watched it's progress over 2015 and purchased at the start of 2016); I've no real hype or excitement for the second game in the here and now. 

The second game has a hard act to follow(imho). It's different; It needed to be. It's got a lot of good interesting elements. I don't dislike it; It's just not screaming 'play me' like the first game did and still does.

Another early access Epic store exclusive... Business is business but for me that means I'll be waiting a while. A personal perspective thing. Like my view of the second game(so far). By the time it is out 'fully' there'll be plenty of game knowledge, analysis and commentary on the intermawebs.


Is the art and sound amazing... Yes. 
Is it a different take from the first game... Yes.
Does it work... Yea..... I guess.... But the more I type the more I really don't care about the game.
Give it more time and I'll see.... It's a game that's still in development and maybe things will change but for now if I can't get through the first 30 minutes of an hour and a half stream with a streamer I really like playing it.... Tthat speaks volumes(for now).

It's not like there aren't other games (I need?!) to play. It's also not like I've never come late to a gaming party and still gotten enjoyment out of it. A great game is going to be a great game no matter how long it's been since it's release. Granted there can be spoiler issues in that regard; But again a great game is going to be great game (in it's playing) regardless. 

Personal perspectives, unpopular opinions..?.. Meh! Good thing I 'm not an 'influencer' or hype shill....

No comments:

Post a Comment