Friday 5 August 2022

Planet Crafter....


Since my last blog post and pre the recent Insects & Waterfall update I took the opportunity to really double down on asset management and resource gathering. It's a game that makes that end of gameplay 'fun'.


So I've gathered a lot. Especially creating Pulsar crystals which had been returned to the game. Stockpiling is no bad thing(honest!); Including 6 teleporters in case their build materials were increased/changed. Just trying to hedge my bets(again) for getting more from already built items(spoiler, it hasn't(so far)). Other items have been 'altered' slightly but not in ways that are Pulsar crystal 'controversial'.



Now for the spoilers....

The day before the official patch was released it was put up for Beta access; Which I took as an opportunity to see the new content. 


A patch post the main release content means that my screenshots now range over three versions/iterations(in case anyone was wondering about the version numbers shows). Not that there are any real visual changes between them...

The new and retroactive Steam achievements are always a nice option to have in any new update.


One of the new areas 'mushroom river' cave was as close to a Subnautica vibe as I've experienced yet. A Subnautica cross between the lost river and mushroom forest biomes. So much so that I was paranoid about getting 'jumped' or snapped at by creatures that do not exist in this game.




The new Pulsar asteroid is a large and slow one, a fun one(at least in my view), as I tried to get hit by it to get the achievement. It and the new asteroid biome area add extra collectible pulsar crystals to the game, always welcome.



The asteroid showers, as the game is, are all work in progress. So regularity and intensity is being varied with patches/updates. It's all good to see being worked on.

The waterfall area and the black and white asteroid strike area are also interesting, the later is more unique with it's starfall aura.



Those two new areas are linked by old areas but also the new underground cave 'mushroom river'.


There are two new messages that I got. One from the Corporation. Surprise surprise.


And another from what could be called the planets precursors. More on that in a moment.


The mushroom river is an another interesting area(yea I'm saying interesting a lot). It has wooden structures from those precursors(as well as a golden chest).


That message is written on a tablet by their 'structures' in that area. All very interesting. 

A journal entry, from 'them', 'the wardens'.



Seeing wood and rope in game just seems weirdly odd. Makes me wonder whats behind the 'big doors'(carpenters shop and two aliens making rope lol).

The other gulden chest is on top of a cliff in the waterfall zone. I've no screenshot as I was too interested in looting it.

The shroom river is also the best area(that I've found) for the rare of the rare larva. So far I've found 4 of them so they seem to spawn with a good rate. For as long as that lasts.... I better do some more gathering....





Having an 'endgame' save meant I could power through the new content in the blink of an eye(more or less) and I've enjoyed it. The butterflies and bees literal add life to the planet. It's such a difference. So much so that I now wish I had bug spray. I'm sure the insect density will be adjusted as the tree spreaders have.







The silk worms are a nice addition and allow for the creation of the last limited resource. Fabric.



Bees unsurprisingly create honey and when used with beans create a super-food pouch. 

Both the new super food and the fabric are created using the biolab console.


As fish have yet to be introduced I'm still ahead of the game development(a bit); By the time they are in game I hope to be further into the amphibian stage. Whenever the game gets that far I'll probably be outpaced by that progress. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment