Monday 9 January 2017

Rome Total War....

Rome Total War has been getting more gametime from me. I've returned to a old campaign based around the Seleucid Empire. I like playing mainly as the Romans (Brutii) but other factions that have "imitation" legionaries also interest me. The Seleucid's have such imitations.

They also have strong infantry and cavalry units that can make for some good battles. They are a faction that need them as they are forced to fight a few factions form the outset. 
The Numidians also have a class of imitation legion but I've found them to be weaker on all fronts so not fun to play. The Armenian faction also do a legion but while they are more balanced the Seleucid's cavalry and silver shield phalanx of the Seleucid's are hard to beat. While the Iberian faction are all their own with the short sword they may as well be called legion's in their own right. So many choices, so many ways of doing things. It really is a great game even without all my nostalgia for it.
Some events are for show....
Other events are all action....

No comments:

Post a Comment