Friday 10 February 2017

Darkest Dungeon.... Radiant Update


The Radiant Mode update has been deployed, the full patch notes are a worthy read.
I like the amount of tweaks, enhancements and additional content added with these kinds of free updates. A real love of the game from it's developers.

While the NG+ (New Game Plus) mode is renamed Stygian
I was far more concerned with the changes to the mode itself. Especially as one line of those changes is: "ore stress, higher darkness penalties, more light loss per step, higher trap diff, enemy HP bump from 15% (prev) to 20%, slightly higher monster crits."
It's already the more difficult mode and now it's even more deadly. And to cap it all off, the Time limit reduced from 90 to 86 weeks and hero death limit dropped from 19 to 12.
I do like that once you have completed the mode and the timer is up you can still play the game. How generous of them!
In truth Darkest Dungeon is the epitome of the phrase "the harsher the game the sweeter the victory".
I will just have to be cautious and curtail my profanity levels.

Once that mode is done I'll be interested to start a new run set as the Radiant mode.


I dont' trust them when I read the patch notes and the last line is....

"...and more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment