Tuesday 13 February 2018

Sea of Thieves....


I'm a fan of Sea of Thieves from the moment I heard about it. It's a game that hits all the right notes in look and feel.

The more I hear about it the more I am both eager and uneasy.

For the most part I play MMO's as a solo casual carebear. SoT has shown with it's content that it can be played solo. Yet I'm progressively feeling more uneasy about the game that I can't put my finger on.... I think that feeling was slapped across my face recently when I saw gameplay footage where a youtuber and a friend were completely destroyed and robbed by a larger crew. That's the game and that's all well and good but being solo a lot and getting bitch slapped all the time can tire quickly. 

Don't be a solo carebear I hear you say... Well let me say that experience in dealing with some gamers in a sandbox can be even worse for me than being ganked all the time. I'd rather have my sanity. I'm sure I could keep going until I join a crew I fit in well with but those a few and far between. There are no guarantees.... This games community will be the games community. It will be interesting to see what the dominant outlook of groups will be.... helpful .... hurtful....
Being cross platform should help the playerbase as a whole. I guess I just need to hold off diving in headlong and maybe wait and see how things turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment