Monday 11 March 2019

Dawn of Man....

I've completed my first playthrough. The endless mode nature of the game allows you to play on and that is fun in itself. Allowing you infinite time to finalize the micromanagement/sustainability etc.etc.




So once I was feeling fully finished I moved on to create a new village on the next difficulty. The Northlands. 


The change from 'Accessible' to 'Challenging' is massive. My starting location was surrounded by wolf packs, bears, cave lions and woolly rhinos. Gathering sticks and fishing in the river were life and death tasks. You can't take an eye of the plebs for a moment. Only just starting and I had already lost two people. It's a ramping up of difficulty that makes me not want to see what "Difficult" would be like. 


Giving the village life a break I took a look at the Challenges. The first is to guide 3 adult and 2 young mammoths to their destination via a series of way points. 



Even with it being listed as "accessible" I found it hard. There were predators that sprang out of nowhere. Almost as if spawned in on purpose. That was and is frustrating.


I can get them to the 4th or 5th waypoint but then they seem to get swarmed by predators. Even one wolf is almost too much to handle. Especially as the adult mammoth's are slow and the wolves go for the babies first.

The only saving grace is that the predators don't swim so my mammoth's have been doing a lot of aquatic aerobics to buy time!


The journey continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment