Sunday 24 March 2019

Star Trek Online....


Time for some grumpy frustrated waffling about the recruitment commendation.

Recruitment assignments are randomly mixed into the normal personal(as in my own)/officer(first officer and Ops) assignments. Even at that they are rare. It's not fun randomness. Assignments for recruitment xp in sector space from my experience are just as elusive due to that randomness; Which has the added time wasting bonus of hauling my azz around the galaxy looking in each sector for them. Maybe I'm just being unlucky, but no matter how unlucky I may be I'm getting more pissed off with this side of the commendations.


I thought it would be better to do the assignments from Starfleet Academy. Speaking to the personnel officers and waiting around for the exchange (rather than the reassignment) assignments to finish even if it takes seconds; It takes planning and visits to the exchange to buy expendable officers. Again and again and again. There should to be a better way! It's a head banging on desk kind of a grind.


Doing the daily TFO helps break up the time. I do as many assignments as sanity can take, do the TFO and then back to the officer grind. The grind is made a grind not only because of the monotony of the process but the lack of any real XP movement. Or so it seems. Even with the bonus XP!


TFO:






I've read up on the recruitment grind. And it is as much a grind for everyone. It's not just me.  The grind is real.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5aftqs/recruitment_commendation_fed/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5fd96x/recruitment_grinding/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/5vjbw2/recruitment_xp/

Reading up further confirms some more options but that the "fastest way" is the officer grind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/96mdar/ultimate_guide_to_doff_assignments/

*bangs head on desk*

Even with the last commendation level being a grind I've still got some assignment chains to complete. Granted I don't need to really finish them off but looking at them with a completionist eye ...... they are a thing that needs to be finished.


They are also unfortunately a random chance as well. I've been in and about space looking for the various "next step" but again been frustrated by randomness...... Even in the Crown system.

I need to step away from the game for a bit, clear the head etc. This is the first time I've really been frustrated at the game. Any STO grind hasn't ever felt like a grind, but this recruitment lark has brought the vengeance of the grind gods down like a ton of bricks to the noggin. All self inflicted, I don't really need to do any of this. So yea, some grinds need a break, time to step away, reassess and make a plan from some google searches.....

No comments:

Post a Comment