Thursday 14 March 2019

Star Trek Online....


Recently I've 'gone mad' doing Duty Officer Assignments. Early in the game and before the Admiralty system assignment missions were a way of getting items(deployable space turrets for me) and dilithium. Small amounts but every bit helps. Oddly enough I'd seen but ignored the assignment variations chart -  commendations.


In seeing and understanding the benefits(a little more), I decided to finish off the remaining commendations. Diplomatic and Recruitment are the remaining two. Over the years by luck(?) I'd already completed 7 or 8 and didn't even know it. But I'm making progress to finish them all now.


In the past the in space area's that you needed to go to were "better" but since some changes they haven't worked "properly", or so I've been informed. But the areas still have assignments for officer missions. There is a lot of cross-over with various assignments chains for the same end(like colonization). Doing it now even if it's a broken system, is an interesting change to the norm. It's not often that you find yourself doing a lot on the space map outside of travelling to a ground location. The only down side is the amount of time it takes to for some assignments to finish. Some between 12 to 20 hours. Many are shorter - 1, 3 or 6 hours. All in all it's been boiled down to doing a set of a assignments, daily. Trip around the Alpha and Beta quadrants. Set my own second officer/sector space and Doff assignment missions, repeat the following night etc. Sounds more grindy than it is. The officers do the work I'm just managing things a little(hah officers doing 'work').

No comments:

Post a Comment