Thursday 26 September 2019

Battlefield 1....


After experiencing Planetside Arena I thankfully returned to Battlefield 1. I'm now more forgiving of it's Operations, Pigeons and (current weekly rotation) Supply drop modes.

I'm even more appreciative of what I have in BF1 after seeing footage this week of the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare Alpha(not a game for me). 

I may complain a lot about BF1 but it's a better multiplayer game on it's off day's than some top games of today. It's not perfect and may have some ganking clans and cheaters but it's got action and fun that's balanced for the most part. It must be my perspective if I'm seeing all the Alpha/Beta/Test version of tomorrows new shooters as rubbish.


As a last dig at Planetside Arena, last Saturday at about 7PM there were 90-ish players listed in my UI. As before when that match finally started the planet was like a ghost town. Steam listed just over 900 players in game overall; I snorted and in my head thought 'just enough for one match'. I've cast an eye on that in-game number over the last few day's and there's about 600 on average. Sooo it can't even do a 300 v 300 in one match?! Like it's supposed to?! In it's inaugural Alpha week?
As I vented in my last P.A. post I'd rather see more Apex Legends than PA as it is. Not that I'd be playing that either. Different strokes for different folks. 


Anyway the more I played Planetside Arena the more I miss playing Dust 514, pity CCP can't get their head straight on the next iteration of 'their' take on an FPS. 

Back to BF 1, fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment