Monday 30 September 2019

Ghost Recon Breakpoint....


I'm a massive fan of Ghost Recon Wildlands. I've played it with multiple playthrough's / characters / styles. I've piled in a massive amount of hours with Wildlands. I had hopes that Breakpoint would be more of the same with improvements from the Wildlands learning curve. 

I've played the closed Alpha's of Breakpoint and was horrified unhappy by what I saw. Even if the second Alpha was better than the first for tech issues and overly harsh in game mechanic penalties; But I have no interest in even trying the open Beta. They did correct some issues that were glaring choices (imho) between tech tests. Remove A.I. teammates lead to them adding them back in(even if it will be 'later'). Slipping on a gentle grass slope and breaking a leg was reduced to being disorientated etc.... But what I hear of the Beta is not good and now there's even less time to 'change' things before it's released.

Vehicle handling, especially choppers was horrendous. I hate the Wildlands 'new' chopper handling that's been transferred over to Breakpoint and much preferred the old (non-console)style.

Don't get me started on the Bivvy/camping side of the game let alone crafting. They are a Far Cry from a decent system.

They learnt nothing going from one game to the development of the next. Heads in the clouds. Which is worse because they're good with community interactions.

One of three friends I shared my invites with had the chance to check the Alpha test. He was no massive fan of Wildlands but his criticism was even more harsh. 

So many of the in game mechanics and enemies are frustratingly annoying, from Behemoths to the swarmers.

Breakpoint is a Destiny/Division clone with a paper thin Wildlands cover. Great if your into the Division or Destiny but I'm not so Breakpoint for me suffers even more in my view. 

Forced community area's are immersion breaking for me. Especially when you are in a game like this where your outnumbered and struggling to survive with no real backup; Then you enter an area and there's 50 heavily armed spec-ops bumbling about like toddlers with paint. This game has so many negative issues for me, theme, game mechanics, story.... There are good points but they all weighed down with negatives it makes Breakpoint a frustrating follow up to Wildlands. 

Graphics are beautiful. Pity about the rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment